The Krogoth in Superhard

The Krogoth in Superhard

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Gowerlypuff

The Krogoth in Superhard

Post by Gowerlypuff »

This might just be evOTA, but I made a krogoth and it COULDN'T DIE mwuhahaha. Well, it was taking 1 damage when it should have taken like 1000. Twas good though. Laid the smackdown.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

WOW i just checked this out and built a Kroog

I hit it with a nuke. three damage. Hit it with a D-gunn. 5 damange! And it was repaired INSTANTLY! I put it to time +100 and built ten fusions. It took 1 minut of continual fireing with a D-gun at +100 speed to kill the damn thing!!!!!! I demand that SY relesea a Kroog dix patch and give use a way to kill the darn thing!
Webbie

Post by Webbie »

I noticed this when I tried to D-Gun a Krogoth with my cloaked Commander. In OTA, d-gun would kill a Krogoth, and the explosion from the Krogoth would kill the Commander, and then those two explosions combined would kill any surrounding Krogoths.

But yeah, I D-Gunned it eight times or so with no effect, and then the Krogoths proceeded to destroy my army of Fidos, my twenty popup plasma turrets, and my Vulcan. Yeah.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Lag?
True_predator

Post by True_predator »

3 vulcans, 6 bertha's, 15 or so guardians, and 6 nukers(nuked it 12 times) couldnt bring one down...nuthing is more sad then seeing all that blow up within seconds from one krogoth..and no lagg. just slightly to powerfull..yeh slightly... :?
SJ

Post by SJ »

Are you playing with some sort of mod ? For me a krogoth dies just fine from a dgun shot.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Easy fix... change the CORKROG.fbi file line:
MaxDamage=127551;

to something not so big... hell the commanders only have 3000 for that value, 12,000 should be good. 9 would probably be best ^_^ It'll take a lot of punishment, but still not the God-like unit it seems to be.

</fuss>
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Could it be a slight flaw in the Spring programming? I believe the Krogoth has a damage modifier in either it's script, or whereever that value is stored, which could be producing the effect.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Buggi wrote:Easy fix... change the CORKROG.fbi file line:
MaxDamage=127551;
That isn't the problem (for it's metal cost, it must have +/- corresponding health).

The problem seems to be that damage is not beeing properly dealt to the Krogoth. It seems that for example it is taking 1 dmg from projectiles that should be giving him some 300 dmg. (if i'm understanding things correctly)

Also,
SJ wrote:Are you playing with some sort of mod ? For me a krogoth dies just fine from a dgun shot.
It is indeed super hard and it is one hell of a nightmare but it has been dying for me just fine too.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Does anyone know what cause this?

In my OTA_settings_for_spring_patch.ufo there is a /Units/CORKROG.fbi with the line MaxDamage=29918;. It is supposed to overwrite the /Units/CORKROG.FBI of taenheter.ccx that contains the line MaxDamage=127551;//25000;//27918;//29918;.

So the XTA krogoth is 4 times stronger than the OTA krogoth. But both should be killeable.

Note that both in XTA and OTA, the dgun does 30000 damage. 30000 damage each tick, the dgun being a weapon that doesn't hit once and vanish but go through anything, keeping on doing damage each tick, so an average dgun shot do much more damage than 30000. In TA, weapon damage and unit HP were limited to 32767 anyway, so in TA the DGun can kill any unit, krogoth or not, 3rd party or not, as long as no "DamageModifier" tag is used. And no damage tag is used in the CORKROG.FBI of OTA_settings_for_spring_patch.ufo, and the DamageModifier of the CORKROG.FBI of taenheter.ccx has been //'ed

Zoombie said "And it was repaired INSTANTLY!". Is he referrring to a self-repair? Maybe he's on to something here. In OTA, the krog does not repair. In the CORKROG.FBI of taenheter.ccx, there is a //'ed //healtime=11; but further down there's also a healtime=30;

Could it be possible that Spring mix the tags of both FBI? Does a healtime=30 means instant repair?

I feel sorry for the poor guy I attacked with a krogoth in FPS mode with two krogs and an army guarding it.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Well it also depends on which files you're using. Using JUST the file that comes with the install the DGun has a 30K damage. But with AA, it drops down to 10K

Also with healtime, in the OSTA file (Original Spring TA) it's set to 30, but it's not on it's own line, not sure if this is a factor.

in AA, healtime doesn't even exist in the fbi file.

One thing that is really needed is 100% support for TA units in Spring, from there we can expand abilities.

Props to the dev's for getting this far though.
Sean Mirrsen

Post by Sean Mirrsen »

I don't know what made the SY do this, but Spring contains two lines of code that restore a unit's health slowly to full if it isn't constantly hammered. More specifically, it restores 10 health every tick if the unit is left alone for 600 ticks. a tick in Spring is less than a second, so we have maybe two or three minutes of idling before a unit (any unit) starts regenerating. Also, a weird bug occurs with the experience system - instead of just gaining maximum health with experience, a unit will gain health with experience. So, if you take a Pyro that can dish out plenty of damage with its low health, it can pretty much heal itself up if it constantly fires its flamer. This should definately be fixed some way.
Gowerlypuff

Post by Gowerlypuff »

Either that or he's talking about the extra HP you get based on Experience.

AAaanyway, it's just he defense of the unit that's throgh the roof, nothing else. Watch the HP of the Krogoth when it's being attacked by things. It barely goes down.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Sean Mirrsen wrote:... a weird bug occurs with the experience system - instead of just gaining maximum health with experience, a unit will gain health with experience. So, if you take a Pyro that can dish out plenty of damage with its low health, it can pretty much heal itself up if it constantly fires its flamer. ...
Ho...?
Could this be what is happening to the Krogoths? After all, with all the monster damage they deal, they are probably receiving ALOT of xp points. That might be what's keeping them healthy and hard to kill.

But this,
Zoombie wrote:...
I hit it with a nuke. three damage. Hit it with a D-gunn. 5 damange! And it was repaired INSTANTLY!
...!?
mongus

in ota

Post by mongus »

I guess u could Dgun a krog in ota, with commander and still b alive... (if no aditional harm taken than kroggoth explotion).
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Yes you could, by a hundred points of life. The Com had three thousand HP, and the blast of the kroggie, like a nuke, did two thousand, nine hundred damage.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I was playing as core in single player and i decided to see if i could kill it

So i monitered its health and hit it with a nuke. Then i monitered itsheath and hit it with a Dgun. Also i think its cause its self repair is THROUGH THE ROOF! nothing repairs even HALF as fast as it dose
Gowerlypuff

Post by Gowerlypuff »

I disagree.

Watch what happens as it TAKES damage. It's just not taking any.

Return to “Help & Bugs”