Missing Cursor? Missing Textures? Sound Error? See Inside!

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

OTA Based Mods Will NOT Work with a Fresh Install of the GPL:

If you make a fresh install of an the GPL Build, you cannot play OTA based mods properly without acquiring the OTA content files. This may seem extremely obvious, but trepan and I spent a good deal of time tracking this issue down for one of my clanmates. Sypmtoms are no mouse cursors and no textures on the units.
right when i click start(i'm hosting) it starts loading, then quits. an error box says:" button9.wav couldn't open wav file" another says "sound error couldnt create sound buffer"
This is another symptom that some people get.

Thread deprecated- unstuck'd. -Peet
Last edited by LordMatt on 15 Jan 2007, 00:20, edited 2 times in total.
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

If you make a fresh install of an the GPL Build, you cannot play OTA based mods properly without acquiring the OTA content files.
Yes, Rattle reported this on the XTA v8.1 Release thread.

I have uploaded a zip with the necessary files here: We also created an installer, which gives an option to install them (besides XTA v8.1):
phoenixz

Suggestions

Post by phoenixz »

Just a suggestion:

I just posted a message about this problem, because I missed this sticky.. Maybe its an idea to chnage the topic title to include symptoms? It would make it alot easier to find it

Also, for anybody wanting to install these files, but not knowing where, the zip file (from the post above) contains 3 .sdz files which must be copied to the base directory of your spring installation.

Return to “Help & Bugs”