Compiled List of Current TA Spring bugs - Page 5

Compiled List of Current TA Spring bugs

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

munch

I just had ARM flakkers firing on ground units.

Post by munch »

I just had ARM flakkers firing on ground units.
munch

gunship attacks submarine

Post by munch »

I just had a core lvl1 air gunship (don't know what it's called - I'm new to XTA sorry) successfully attack a sub.

This was on the random enemies script.

Munch
munch

Aircraft slid underwater

Post by munch »

Maybe this on is already covered, but I just had an aircraft land near the shore, which gradually slipped down the slope underwater.... after which it went all rusty. OK, just kidding about the last bit!

Munch
munch

in 2v2, one team allied to everybody

Post by munch »

Hi,

In a 2v2 online last night one of the teams were allied with everybody when the game started. So in the battle room we have something like:

Player Ally Team
A 0
B 0
Y 1

When the game starts:

A is allied to B (enemies X and Y)
B is allied to A (enemies X and Y)
X is allied to everybody (no enemies)
Y is allied to everybody (no enemies)

This made for great recon from X and Y's point of view, but a complete inability to attack anybody - quite funny, but made the battle a bit one sided.

The map was Small Divide, with one spectator (me)

Don't know the hosts machine spec - sorry

Munch
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If I take control of my commander while it's submerged, in fps mdoe it gives me the viewpoint I'd get if my commander was floating, but it's submerged?! That isnt right!

Also if a spawn point is ontop of a submerged location the ground units float on the surface, shouldnt they sink and explode?
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

If I take control of my commander while it's submerged, in fps mdoe it gives me the viewpoint I'd get if my commander was floating, but it's submerged?! That isnt right!
The fps mode is basicly the camera jumping to the gun of what your controling and using the keys to move command the unit(more or less).
Since the fps camera cant go underwater, it dosent work.
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

I don't know whether or not this has been posted already, but here's my little bug (for 0.51b1):

After a surrender (ctrl+a ctrl+d) the building that were being nanolathed survive. Most annoying when you really want to surrender, but you have to watch the building hp drop to zero (which takes about forever).
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

And if I give my factories to the othr player,. the other player's still building my units with their factories.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

lol that was funny alantai! :-)
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but when large units (in this case, Goliaths) are trying to maneuver through cratered terrain, and they are fired upon by defensive guns (not 100% sure what was firing at them), the cratering from the defensive guns makes it so that the Goliaths can't move - in essence, burying them...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

At least they get a burial, now all we need is a funeral unit.
munch

LLT/HLT lockup - a clue to the root of the bug - IFF error?

Post by munch »

Hi having just completed a long test of HLTs radar targeting etc. (see http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1537)

I saw an HLT lock up and refuse to fire on an enemy several times - I've seen this in game too as I know most of us have. So I hit "C" and jumped into the turret to try to force it to fire on the target and the aim point refused to go near the enemy, just like it does if it thinks it is going to be aiming at a friendly. The most striking time, there were four enemy tanks, which were all sitting in craters made by an MRPC and we surrounded by the wreckage of other tanks, so maybe it was a LOS error - the engine thought the turret didn't have LOS to them because it miscalculated the crater - the tanks were clearly visible though and like I say, the crosshairs refused to go anywhere near the tanks in question and instead jumped around them.

I hope this helps solve this one.

Happy debugging

Munch
munch

Buried tanks

Post by munch »

Alantai Firestar wrote:At least they get a burial, now all we need is a funeral unit.
=) Actually come to think of it, that's what had happened to those tanks in the game I just posted about (see my previous post in this thread). But I should say I saw the same thing happening with at least one other tank, which I'm pretty sure wasn't buried - maybe there are two separate bugs here, or maybe it was just coincidence that they happend to be buried tanks as well as unattackable by the HLT.

Sleep time. yawn

Munch
KiviGerbil

Post by KiviGerbil »

ok, a few bugs i noticed...

if u tell a turret to attack something, and the target goes away, gets destroyed or smthing the turret won't attack things automatically. until i tell it to stop.

and secondly, the vertical rocket launchers kill themselves when they are built if there is an enemy nearby.

they kill themselves by firing inside the factory. there is no way to stop this, reasonably..

the only way is to change the auto attack mode to off or to retaliate and to tell it to stop when it's build. before it fires.

and next one is not actually a bug..

in original TA it was that if a unit/building has some special orders.. no attack, roam, hold position.. these characteristics get inherited by all units/buildings it builds.
Eaglebird

Post by Eaglebird »

Ok, I'm new here, and don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but here goes:

A couple things I notice in game.

The units are somewhat slow. Just about eveerything is, compared to the original TA.

When I say slow, I mean things like:
1) Moving vehicles and planes that go slower than they seem they should.
2) Lasers and missiles. This is what gets me the most. It's really annoying to have enemy planes fly into your base, and have your base destroyed because your turrets fire at a plane, and by the time the missile/laser gets there, the plane's gone. As in TA, a slew of Sentinels would take out a considerably sized airforce with ease, whereas in TA Spring, they do not fair so well, and end up losing more of them than killing the planes. I noticed when me and my brother were playing together, he was core, I was arm, and we were engaged in a fight. I had a whole row of sentinels sitting on the shore, when he flies in. We BOTH know that if it had been TA, the planes would have been shredded, but they weren't in TAS. After investigation, I found the speed of lasers and missiles to be frighteningly slow in some cases, missing almost half the time.

Also, something else brought to my attention were unit sizes/scales. Some units do not seem to be the same scale as they were in TA. Some also cause problems with these scale, whereas something small and stout is tall, and unaccounted for, I have friendly fire everywhere.
Although I haven't looked into the .3do files of the original TA extensively.

Third is the map size, but I'm guessing that will change with updates/fixes.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

What about the map size?
EnlightenedOne

right

Post by EnlightenedOne »

Bugs bugs bugs bugs and more bugs, gotta love Spring (when you dont crash an hour in :roll: )

1. Failed to load resource from resource file...?! kicked out of game...
2. Memory could not be "read" error
3. Having to many penetrators fire at once i believe crashes the game... not sure on how many tho, i love pentrators they are the anti to those stupidly strong core tanks goliaths :idea:
4. Finished vehicles from plants that have been damaged before being made are healed by the factory after being completed and thrown out of the factory the after affect is that you get a war crazed super healing unit if you throw it into combat before it finishes healing (gives huge advantage).
5. Commanders are shareable i dont remember that in original TA over the network is that just me?...
6. The number of "Hosters" is becoming less as people who use to be able to host are now unexplainably unable to do so.
7. After installing Spring on my computer the first game always works perfectly, the second game works usually and the third commonly crashes after that theres a game of chance where your odds degrade and the number of memory could not be "read" errors and general unexplained crashes increases. Then after installing the latest patch this pattern completly reoccured my first game worked like a dream :-) , reinstalling and stuff makes no change to this pattern I would like to know if there are any log files hidden away somewhere or application logs concealed out of the main game folder so i can experiment and find the source of this degrading ability problem. Others have also mentioned that the first time they play they can host fine but afterwards the ability is gone and even when playing with firewalls the outcome doesnt change.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Eagle: Spring by default uses a different version of TA, XTA. If you want more original style gameplay use the OTA mod, unless you're already doing this.
TechnoTone

Post by TechnoTone »

On the Battle Screen (in TASClient 0.141) the maps are listed in alphabetical order but the order is case sensitive and so the maps with lower case initial are appearing at the bottom of the list.
TechnoTone

Post by TechnoTone »

Units set to Patrol and Hold Position are leaving their patrol route to chase enemy targets.

Return to “Help & Bugs”