Dual Screen bugs

Dual Screen bugs

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Drone_Fragger

Dual Screen bugs

Post by Drone_Fragger »

When trying to run in dual screen mode, my normal playing screen splits in half, and has 2 screens running on one screen, Like Console splitscreen style. I'm unsure why this is.
esteroth12

Post by esteroth12 »

your supposseed to set both of your screens to run as one big screen... I'm not a dual screen user, so I don't know how to do it however... your resolution should be something like 2560x1024, and then it will work... spring doesn't actually run on two screens yet :P
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

SO you mean my spring resolution shoulb be double what I normally use? Okays.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

It gives me an error: "Coul not set video mode". Any ideas?
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Anyone?
danzel

Post by danzel »

Drone_Fragger - Are you using ATI or Nvidia?

Somewhere in your graphics card display settings there will be an option to set how multimonitor should work, with options like "Dual desktops", "stretch display" or "mirror".
You will most likely be set to "Dual Desktops" currently. Try set it to "Stretch display" and manually enter the dual screen resolution in spring (something like 2560x1024).
This will mess up normal desktop usage as maximizing will maximize the window over both monitors instead of just a single one.
Alternatively, if you run spring in windowed mode it can be 2 monitors big, but windowed mode has its own set of bugs :(

I have Nvidia and will give this a try when I get home tonight.
Post your results :)
Belmakor

Post by Belmakor »

On nvidia the option you want is "span displays" - i.e. you treat your 2 monitors as one extended screen. For me, that results in a 3200x1200 screen, so change your Spring options accordingly. BTW the option to select which side the minimap is on doesn't work, it tries to set the wrong flag in the registry.
Maz

Post by Maz »

A similar bug I got with the new version is that when I play with Dual Desktops (playing only with my main screen active) and try to scroll to the right, the mouse cursor moves out of the game and if i click outside, the game looses focus. Together with this new unload-resources-on-tab "feature" (_please_ make it an option, takes several seconds to tab now), it gets really annoying. Good patch in general, but the game isn't getting more playable with all new features and the bugs that come with them :/

Return to “Help & Bugs”