Loading error

Loading error

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Warlord

Loading error

Post by Warlord »

Spring crashes when it's loading, it crashes exactly when its 'Creating sky'

It comes with the message of Sending the error report.
Sean Mirrsen

Post by Sean Mirrsen »

If it's a 'clean install', then something awfully wrong with your hardware or settings.

If not, and you're using a modification (tried to switch to OTA, perhaps?), or a new map, OR tried to use high-res textures with a mod, thn the cause is probably that.
Warlord

Post by Warlord »

ok, it's a clean install, i have the OTA patch for spring, just removed gow and lowered all settings, it still crashes when 'creating sky'

:cry:

suppose my gfx card is too sh1t
Sean Mirrsen

Post by Sean Mirrsen »

You should make an _absolutely_ clean install, and see if Spring runs with that. If it starts to crash after the OTA patch then, well...

If it crashes at that time with a clean install.... I don't know what can possibly be the cause... turn down the texture enhancement, and remove all flags... I don't know what else can be done...
Warlord

Post by Warlord »

spring isn't working even with a clean install...
well, looks like all I can do is keep watching the videos and sob in the corner untill I get a new gfx card :cry:
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Warlord wrote:... suppose my gfx card is too sh1t
Which graphic card is it?
Gillmor_TA

Post by Gillmor_TA »

I have the same problem on my PC, i have a radeon 9500 pro, with a cleen install it freezes at creating sky, on my other PC it works fine and its a G-force 3, i dont know whats up if anyone knows how to fix this do tell
SJ

Post by SJ »

I have tested it on a 9500pro and it works fine, try updating the gfx drivers. Also try toggling adv sky on/off if the problem is at "creating sky".
Gillmor_TA

Post by Gillmor_TA »

I have the settings as low as they go for evreything, i think i have the newest drivers aswell, im guesing its time for a format

Return to “Help & Bugs”