I cant connect

I cant connect

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Zoombie

I cant connect

Post by Zoombie »

So i got the game and was all jazzed up
However i learned that i have to open some ports from a helpfull player. THEN i though cool this sould work. Then it didnt, with the same error message just a different number. So... what ports do i have to open on my firewall, and what things do i have to fiddle with to get the darn thing to WORK!

Also i tryed some of the singleplayer demos and it was cool. I realy like how the metal collectors work! Its cool and allowes extended latitued in placement of mines!
genblood

Post by genblood »

On the ports I opened tcp 4897 and 8452, then open udp for 8452.
I also opened udp 4897 too. Make sure if you have WinXP that the firewall
is closed and any av software.
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

technically you dont have to open any ports unless you're a host, then you specify which you want to open. i really don't know what the problem is...
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

correct me if im rong, but you do need a port open, because the game has to be able to get out somewhere... admitadly people with softwear filewalls will just be able to click allow when it ask's, but for us with hardware filewalls, that have every port closed, well, there must be some that need opening.

( Note : This however is nothing to do with why the game dosn't woprk on my comp btw... cause in single theres no internet involed.)

aGorm

Return to “Help & Bugs”