Crashes just befor play (Not Working... Sort of) - Page 2

Crashes just befor play (Not Working... Sort of)

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Storm

Post by Storm »

Yes, all of a sudden it just works fine for me. Then at times, it just doesn't.
Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa »

Im using Win XP pro SP 2 on a AMD 64 3500+ with 1024 MB or RAM and a PCI-e Geforce 6600 with 128 MB ram.

And It doesnt seem to let me actually play at all, I can view the map fine beforehand though, even with shadows, but the instant I press enter, it crashes, regardless of what I have set the display settings to or what map I am using.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

It better not be a combo of Geforce + AMD... plus 1gig of ram... :-)

aGorm
maverick256

Post by maverick256 »

yep, got exactly the same problem here. And I have the latest graphics drivers....
My graphics card is a Nvidia Quadro Go1000 (appreantly a workstation card? I play graphics intensive games with it just fine).
mrdolby

Post by mrdolby »

I have the same problem too. Regardless of video setting, if I run the game or join a multiplayer game. The map loads and you can fly around while the waiting for players to connect is on the screen. Using one of the single player tests as soon as I hit enter it crashes.

I tried all the graphics options, full screen, window.

Running a P4 3.0 ghz, Windows XP SP2, 1024 ram, Geforce 6800 GT graphics card, SB Audigy 1 sound card.

I was using the latest Nvidia reference driver 78.91, I tried downgrading the drivers to 66.93 but no luck. I don't think this is a graphics card related error. I even tried redownloading it from every available location and installing it to different locations but no luck same error everytime.

Anyone have any luck getting around this error. Is it just an Nvidia thing, has anyone had it with ATI cards?

Tomorrow when I go into work, I'll check it out on a few different systems with different graphics cards. One of the perks of my job managing a hardware compatibility lab for game testing, give me access to pretty much all the hardware on the market.
FolCan

Post by FolCan »

Sean Mirrsen wrote:Windows XP SP2... I encountered the same problem on all XP SP2 machines, the engine fires up fine, and then crashes when it tries to load units.
I got SP2 also NOT any problems
mrdolby

Post by mrdolby »

FolCan wrote:
Sean Mirrsen wrote:Windows XP SP2... I encountered the same problem on all XP SP2 machines, the engine fires up fine, and then crashes when it tries to load units.
I got SP2 also NOT any problems
What video card do you have? Im pretty certain this issue is only occuring on the latest generation Nvidia cards (6000 series class cards).

If you have one of those Nvidia cards its important to know that my theory is wrong. If you don't have that Nvidia card its also important to know.
FolCan

Post by FolCan »

Heres my PC specs

M/B Gigabyte K7S41GX
AMD 2600+ 32bit
512 MB DDR333
FX5200 128mb
Win XP SP2
C-media AC 97 5.1 Built in Sound
DX 9.0c

Hey im wondering do all you ppl have DX 9c ?
Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa »

Seems updating my videocard drivers workes, seems to work well, now the mouse setting just need to be restored to the TA default.

Return to “Help & Bugs”