Loss of Sync

Loss of Sync

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Acidd_UK

Loss of Sync

Post by Acidd_UK »

We kept geetting an error where one player would drop from the game, with their army frozen, and the host would get repeated warnings about loss of sync to that player. The game continued fine for the other players and host, butt he player affected was always frozen.

Anyway, after discussing it, we realised we all only ever got this effect when we placed a large block of buildings (with shift-alt). Sometimes it worked fine, occasionally it would drop the player.

Anyone else experienced this / is this a known bug?

Loving TA Spring, :-)
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

I believe this is a known bug, it has happened to me on occasion, anyway.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

maybe it happens when you queue up more buildings then the network buffer can handle...
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

I'm not convinced it is to do with the number of buildings, since I've definately dragged out larger blocks of tidal gens etc and not had the problem. BUt the time it happened to me, a lot of the buildings I was dragging out were on unbuildable terrain, but I don't know if this is part of the problem.
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

Maybe the amount of data you can send without syncing depends of your and the hosts connection.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

It seems to happen more often with a guy that I play with in the US (I'm in the UK), wheres when I play with my UK friends it doesnt really happen, though it does on occasion, so it might be to do with individual connections...

Return to “Help & Bugs”