[Watchdog] Hang detection triggered for Spring 104.0 on Fedora

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

szpak

Post by szpak »

Hi. The SpringRTS project looks interesting and I wanted to take a closer look. Unfortunately, the engine hangs after start with:

Code: Select all

Warning: [Watchdog] Hang detection triggered for Spring 104.0.1-2070-gbdaa8d7 develop.
Warning: 	(in threads: {main,load,audio,vfsi}={1,0,0,0})
[CrashHandler] Warning: Suspended-thread Stacktrace (main) for Spring 104.0.1-2070-gbdaa8d7 develop:
[CrashHandler] Warning:   <00>                                             sigaction.c:?  __restore_rt
[CrashHandler] Warning: [00]                                                     0x14b20  sigaction.c:?
[CrashHandler] Warning:   <01>                       ./spring(FT_DivFix+0x40) [0xb38870]  std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > std::operator+<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, char const*)
[CrashHandler] Warning: [01]                                                    0x738870  ??:?
[CrashHandler] Warning:   <02>                                     ./spring() [0xb576df]  TT_New_Context
[CrashHandler] Warning: [02]                                                    0xb576df  ??:?
In the log for 104.0 I see also that Spring is trying to read fonts from /etc/fonts where Fedora keeps font definitions in non compatible format. However, it seems to be fixed in the nightly version.

Tested with 104.0 and latest nightly of spring-*-minimal-portable-linux64-static.7z. The engine alone and with the latest stable Kernel Panic. Fedora 31. Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 650. The full log attached (from the nightly version).

Marcin
Attachments
infolog.txt
(14.62 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
ThinkSome

Re: [Watchdog] Hang detection triggered for Spring 104.0 on Fedora

Post by ThinkSome »

-> https://springrts.com/mantis/bug_report_page.php

Why are you using the develop engine? Nobody plays on that. Are you looking at becoming an engine developer?

Why are you fiddling with engine zipfiles? Install Springlobby and join desired battle room, Springlobby should take care of the downloads.
szpak

Post by szpak »

Thanks for your reply. I started with 104.0, but it was released a while ago, so I gave the nigtly build a try. The log was from nightly, but the stacktrace is similar in both versions.

I used to have a package to download (old good times prior to Stream :-/), so I started with the engine itself and the ZIP for Kernel Panic. Based on the installation instructions unzipping them to the same directory should just work.

With SpringLobby it is not so easy. Fedora has 0.267 packaged which doesn't work due to missing email field. I would need to compile it from sources. Do you think it can fix my problem? Or the link to the issue tracker is the way to go?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

HangTimeout = -10

Add this value to springsettings.

Hangtimeout on end user settings is fucking garbage and should be defaulted to off. In most cases, someone with an underpowered machine who would usually be able to load properly will end up crashing out because of hangtimeout.

This is the only fucking value that is case sensitive, because fuck you and spring, that's why.
szpak

Post by szpak »

> HangTimeout = -10

It helped with reporting the application as unresponsive. After several seconds the main menu appeared and I was able to load and play selected game. Thanks!
szpak

Post by szpak »

Thanks @Kloot, it should help.

Btw, I created a separate thread for a feature request regarding "Loading..." displayed while Spring it starting. However, I don't know if it is better to use the forum or Mantis for that suggestions.

Return to “Help & Bugs”