Spring Crash with violation acces when game starting

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

pnarc

Post by pnarc »

I just installed Springlobby, but the game doesn't work.

Any idea where does the problem come from?

Thx
Attachments
infolog.txt
(80.84 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
MasterBel

Re: Spring Crash with violation acces when game starting

Post by MasterBel »

Likely to do with the AI.

Code: Select all

[f=-000001] Error: This stacktrace indicates a problem with a skirmish AI.
CircuitAI is not designed to run with Balanced Annihilation, but primarily another Spring game, Zero-K. If I recall correctly, they had to change some stuff to make Circuit just run on BAR. So likely it will need to be updated before it works with BA too.

Also, Balanced Annihilation development has been abandoned since a while and you're trying to run it on a new (and likely incompatible) engine version. I'm not sure what the last compatible engine version is, but I'm not sure it's available for download anymore. It was last updated to work with 104.0.1.968 and we're on 104.0.1.1654

If you really want to run BA: try using DAI or KAIK instead of Circuit.These AIs were confirmed to work with BA.
Also, try BA 10.11. it isn't as polished as 10.24 but it works on the major releases 103.0 and 104.0 – which will both be downloadable for all of the forseen future.

Return to “Help & Bugs”