Graphical issue

Graphical issue

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

TheMalar

Graphical issue

Post by TheMalar »

After starting the game everything gets dark in a matter of 2 seconds. I tried to change the graphical options but nothing seems to work. The game looks liek this:

https://i.imgur.com/YJuRrKz.jpg

I could not find a solution online.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Graphical issue

Post by PicassoCT »

Does this happen for one particular mod, or one particular map?
Does it happen when all widgets are off?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Try pressing "L"?
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

That's BA's LoS (Line of Sight) mode, which is default. You can disable it by pressing the "L" key. You can change to an alternate mode by toggling the "BA LOS Colours" widget (f11 and scroll. Widgets are sorted alphabetically.)

I advise you join BA's Discord server, and ask for future help there. Hope this helps, have fun! :)

~MasterBel2
TheMalar

Post by TheMalar »

Thanks. The "L" key was the solution. :)

As I don't want to make a new topic could someone also help me with one more thing:

I set my color in the lobby, but in the game my color is always orange and the AI forces are always light blue.

Thanks again.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

That's because picking a color in the lobby is a very old solution that more often than not produces undesireable results, like enemies picking almost exactly the same color as your ally, all enemies picking the exact same color, etc. The autohost tries to mitigate this but tbh it's a bandaid that doesn't stick very well.

So ingame, the enemy and ally colors are automatically chosen using a highly sophisticated selection system which guarantees that enemy and ally colors will always contrast well.

You can disable the advanced color palette and instead use the lobby color palette by toggling it in the options menu. This, however can produce some fairly undesireable results.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Also, it's worth noting, L aka LOS is super important information. With Los turned off you will not have any exact idea of where your vision ends or begins.
TheMalar

Post by TheMalar »

Got it. Thanks for the info. :) Will keep that in mind.

Return to “Help & Bugs”