Autohosts unable to connect / host

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

There seems to be a lobby update command which triggers a global reset of all servers when triggered.

From the observations of myself and other players it seems that rather than being used for its intended purpose of lobby updates this functionality is being exploited as a mean of resetting servers when BA10 maintainers see unwanted activity on BA9 hosts.

Today for example, a lobby update was triggered mid game during a BA 9 match. This would otherwise have gone unnoticed, had I not tabbed out to Springlobby to see Triton as the lone occupant of the sole BA10 host remaining online. There was no sign of a genuine update and Triton's host subsequently gained players because no other host was available. Triton has previously stated on Discord that as maintainer his ambition is to take down all hosts of previous versions. It is possible something to this effect has been underway behind the scenes of lobby development.

Is there anyone left impartial with sufficient privileges to check logs to confirm if a command was triggered? If confirmed please can people exploiting it have their powers revoked. Thanks.
PtaQ

Re: Lobby "Update" Exploit

Post by PtaQ »

If the sole request from one player is not enough I would like to join this cause. Please get that outlaw exposed and make him pay for this!
[Fx]Doo

Re: Lobby "Update" Exploit

Post by [Fx]Doo »

I did not think trit would have gone this far in his crusade. Thank you Ares. I hope this exploit gets fixed soon and its user gets banned.
Silentwings

Re: Autohosts unable to connect / host

Post by Silentwings »

a lobby update command which triggers a global reset of all servers
A command with that property does exist, but the only people with power to issue it (excepting unknown bugs) are abma and myself. I haven't done so and afaict nor has abma.

More likely this is a lobbyserver bug, perhaps a varient of viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38247&p=588309#p588305.

Currently it looks as though essentially all SPADS autohosts are unable to host, regardless of content. I've retitled this thread, since it is best not to make alarming /misleading claims when its probably just a bug.
this functionality is being exploited
If you have any evidence for thinking of this, it should be sent attached to a private message to the lobby moderators forum group.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: Autohosts unable to connect / host

Post by Ares »

Alright thanks for update Bluestone, I had no idea such a command existed - just reporting what I saw. I'm not server expert so I don't know how that stuff works or have privileges to confirm.
Last edited by Ares on 01 Dec 2018, 21:47, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Help & Bugs”