Can't reinstall SpringLobby

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Alice

Post by Alice »

Hello,

a few days ago my SpringLobby asked me if I wanted to update. I clicked yes. Unfortunately my antivirus software blocked springupdate and deleted springlobby.exe. I tried to turn the antivirus software off and reinstall Springlobby, but after installing it gives me an error:

Unable to open log file (path on C:\)springlobby.log for writing!

Anybody have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you. :)
ThinkSome

Re: Can't reinstall SpringLobby

Post by ThinkSome »

Why? What was the reason for such an action from your antivirus software?
Create the directory/change permissions on it. I cannot say more without more information.
The Yak

Post by The Yak »

Antiviruses blocking various implementations of pr-downloader is a common occurrence for me. I've had this happen with the springboard downloader and zero-k chobby.

Windows defender/ windows security essentials/ whatever it's called now is least likely to break applications.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

Alice wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 17:28 Unable to open log file (path on C:\)springlobby.log for writing!
is it in c:\program files... or c:\users\... ?

if its in c:\program files\... try to rename springsettings.cfg. the few info makes it difficult to help.
Alice

Post by Alice »

abma wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 11:21
Alice wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 17:28 Unable to open log file (path on C:\)springlobby.log for writing!
is it in c:\program files... or c:\users\... ?

if its in c:\program files\... try to rename springsettings.cfg. the few info makes it difficult to help.
It's in c:\users\...

I tried the new SpringLobby version 0.267, doesn't work either.

And when I start springlobby_updater it says this:

"The required parameter '<parent pid> <springlobby.exe> <updater.exe> <source dir> <destination dir>' was not specified.

When I hit the "ok" button I get one more error:

Usage: springlobby_updater [-h] <parent pid> <springlobby.exe> <updater.exe> <source dir> <destination dir>... -h, --help show this help message
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

It's in c:\users\...
the permissions of this directory are wrong: try to fix them or rename the dir.

springlobby_updater is not meant for manual usage.

Return to “Help & Bugs”