Double click will select commander. Is that normal?

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

xiaoniu

Post by xiaoniu »

Hello every one. I'm a newbie to SPRING. I found that double click and drag selection will bring out behaviour that is strange to me.
According to https://springrts.com/wiki/Keyboard,
Double Click Select all units of targetted type in view
Sometimes, it works well, but sometimes when I double click on units or ground, the commander will be selected and the camera will focus on commander, which is quite annoying.
Also, drag selection sometimes makes the camera focus on commander.
I suspect that is not the right behaviour but I don't know how to fix it.
I'm using Balanced Annihilation V10.11, Engine 104.0, SpringLobby 0.264. Is there anything I can do with this problem? :?
tulipe

Re: Double click will select commander. Is that normal?

Post by tulipe »

Looks strange. This behaviour shouldn't happen. Maybe verify your uikeys.txt file (https://springrts.com/wiki/Uikeys.txt) and your widgets (with F11 ingame).
xiaoniu

Post by xiaoniu »

My uikeys.txt is blank (every line is commented). Thank for reminding me of widgets, but even if I disable all widgets, the problem persist. :(
I fogot to mention that I'm using windows version. I just tried spring on ubuntu with engine built from source and the problem vanished. So it seems an issue of windows build.
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

Hmm, possibly try a reinstall on your windows machine? .-.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Don't reinstall an os for some issue like this, that's insane.

First, check your mouse settings in windows (I assume you're on windows).

And make sure you don't have some setting there that is causing this.

Second, if you're using a trackpad, stop. Get a real mouse. It is likely that your trackpad is the cause of the issue.

*************** THE BELOW WILL DO NO GOOD IF YOU ARE USING A TRACKPAD THAT HAS SPECIAL ABILITIES. GET A REAL MOUSE. ***************

If you have verified that your trackpad is not the cause of the issue, continue forward.

Third, Assuming that you are using springlobby, navigate to your spring folder. This is likely on my documents/my games/spring on windows, or just ~/.spring on linux.

Delete uikeys.txt (just for the shit of it), delete the luaui folder, and delete the cache folder. Load up whatever game you're trying to run (probably ba), and see if the issue persists.

If that doesn't work

Fourth, Download BA via the itch.io client here:
https://itch.io/app

Install the itch app and then search for Balanced Annihilation within the app and install it. I give you a 99.9% chance that the issue will disappear.
xiaoniu

Post by xiaoniu »

I just found what happened!
Select commander is the behaviour of "Ctrl+c" which is hotkey for copy in windows. I have a translation software which observe "double click" and perform copy and translation. After close this software, all problems is gone.
Thanks all of you for your patient reply! :-)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Thanks for posting the origin of the troubles, making it easier for all who came after you

:-)

Return to “Help & Bugs”