Cannot Host own server/port forword

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

IIExed

Post by IIExed »

Hey Been playing this game a while, like 5 years or so. On my old internet port forwarding was quite ez, and simple to to to the port for spring 8452 UDP or whatever it was. I know that u can have dedicated hosts, But living in Australia the ping gets a bit annoying when its like 600ms. So I have been trying to port forward however not sure what some of these things mean, because on my old internet service it use to be really easy. Just wondering if some of you would understand and maybe comprehend something like this to me, because I'm not very smart with this stuff. Thanks :)
Remote host:
External start port:
External end port:
Internal host:
Internal port:
screenshot if u see what I'm saying
http://prntscr.com/icb9gi
Looked all over the internet and cannot find meaning in my tiny brain to comprehend it, nor a tutorial with my router. So if anyone would know how to help thanks :)
[Fx]Doo

Re: Cannot Host own server/port forword

Post by [Fx]Doo »

Ok so this is just an annoying way of allowing for more options

Remote host refers to the computer connecting to yours. You want all computer to be able to connect so it is probably going to have either all, *, or just leave it blank to allow all.

External and internal ports will all start and end at 8452

internal host will be the IP address of your computer.

Mapping name is whatever you want to call this rule, like "Spring Self Hosting"

Return to “Help & Bugs”