BA gui is fucked ?

BA gui is fucked ?

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

albator

BA gui is fucked ?

Post by albator »

When dragging a box around a factory that is building a unit, I select a unit plus the factory.

Then I right click to get a rally point like it used to be possible. It does not work.

I need to select individually the factory so it actually work.

Selecting individually the factory is pain nowadays and I end up canceling all my unit list, making the rally point and set it again. That is a real pain. I ended playing only tech position cause you lose so much time as t1 player you cannot win with that bug. I have been back since a few months but I think that bug is there since a year or so.

Any help ?

I use Linux and my BA option are here: https://pastebin.com/cts8xxU6

I only change a few (auto repeat factrory) , moving around some boxes... Anyway resetting that file does not solve that issue. What I am supposed to do so I can have a BA gui as efficient as the past years ?
Floris

Re: BA gui is fucked ?

Post by Floris »

Probably the SmartSelect widget is in play here...

It filters out buildings if there are mobile units under the selection rectangle. Add Shift while dragging the selection to include the buildings again.

To disable filtering buildings behavior altogether: do /selectionmode to toggle it on/off.
(new BA has this included as an option in the options window)
albator

Post by albator »

Thanks, Floris, I am trying the +shift to see if that solves it.

Another bug that I noticed is that after selecting unit and dragging a line (right click) to move the units (custom formation), I end up with all the unit moving to the same exact point and not in a line.
If that widget have been changed recently, I believe there is a problem with it.
albator

Post by albator »

Yep, +shift works. I ll see if /selectionmode works in a permament way

Return to “Help & Bugs”