BUG: Issue Registering Spring Account, Persistent "Invalid Characters in Username" error

BUG: Issue Registering Spring Account, Persistent "Invalid Characters in Username" error

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Hexxitfan11

Post by Hexxitfan11 »

I was attempting to have a friend of mine download the game, and when they went to make and account, it simply responded with the message stating that invalid characters were present. Only ASCII characters were part of the username and it had no disallowed characters in it. My friend tried multiple different usernames, including an all-lowercase sequence of letters, to no avail. this issue is present on both the Evolution RTS Steam lobby and the SpringLobby at "http://springlobby.info/landing/index.php". Some help would be appreciated. I will have them uninstall both lobbies and reinstall to see if that resolves the issue. I have successfully had five other people download, register and play on both lobbies with no issues. Unfortunately I cannot provide the exact error message being given or the friend's attempted username as we were not in the same location. My gratitude in advance for any help anyone can provide.

I have also made a GitHub error report here: https://github.com/springlobby/springlobby/issues/766, just so you all know. Spam is not intended, but vigorous google searching has turned up nothing.
gajop

Re: BUG: Issue Registering Spring Account, Persistent "Invalid Characters in Username" error

Post by gajop »

Can you have them write here the username they provided? Btw, make sure they're using an english (US) keyboard layout when writing it.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: BUG: Issue Registering Spring Account, Persistent "Invalid Characters in Username" error

Post by Forboding Angel »

Perhaps it was too long?
Hexxitfan11

Post by Hexxitfan11 »

The username was Pansophic_Magician. They also tried a simple shorter, all-lowercase username that I don't know. They do have a standard qwerty keyboard
gajop

Post by gajop »

try without the "_"
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

Hexxitfan11 wrote:The username was Pansophic_Magician. They also tried a simple shorter, all-lowercase username that I don't know. They do have a standard qwerty keyboard
I successfully registered and logged in as Pansophic_Magician2. Either the user is behind a weird firewall which changes the transfered data or he did something we/you don't know and didn't say so.

he could try to delete all config settings of springlobby in "%APPDATA%\springlobby" and then try to register again. When this doesn't work very likely something is wrong with his network as you said weblobby AND springlobby didn't work.

(the username is valid and its not to long)

Return to “Help & Bugs”