Installing LuaUI Gadget/Widget

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

asdam

Post by asdam »

Hello, installation of LuaUI Gadgets/Widgets seems to be very obviously documented, yet I've tried installing to recommended directories and none of my downloaded scripts seem to be showing up.

I've already tried installing to LuaUI/Gadgets and that didn't work.

Thanks in advance
gajop

Re: Installing LuaUI Gadget/Widget

Post by gajop »

There's no such thing as LuaUI gadgets. LuaUI is for widgets only and you can install that. You cannot install custom gadgets.
asdam

Post by asdam »

Holy derpaderp, I meant to say /LuaUI/Widgets, and just gadgets (not LuaUI gadgets).
However, I've since discovered that I had to enable user scripts and/or look UNDER all of the built-in LuaUI scripts.

Here's where I'm lost- The LuaUI script I've downloaded (gui_chili_creatunit.lua) relies on a custom gadget, and the page doesn't include installation instructions. You mean to say it's impossible to install said gadget?

Thanks again
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

What game are you playing?

In all games, it isn't possible for anyone except the game developers to add gadgets. Normal users can only add widgets. Additionally, only some games actually allow users to add widgets.
asdam

Post by asdam »

I'm playing Balanced Annihilation, latest version.
The Lua script I'm trying to install is at viewtopic.php?t=32356

I should note that the LuaUI script is now showing up (in yellow. not green) in-game, though I'm not seeing any spawn GUI
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

You won't be able to make it work because you (as a non-dev) can't add the gadget into BA.

And even if you could add the gadget, BA does not support chili (the UI framework that the widget part depends on), so the widget part wouldn't be able to run. Bad luck!

You'd be better sticking with e.g. "/give 1 armcom 0", to give 1 arm commander to team 0, and you can find the internal unit names on http://imolarpg.dyndns.org/trac/balates ... runk/units

Return to “Help & Bugs”