Keybinds

Keybinds

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

MasterBel2

Keybinds

Post by MasterBel2 »

I have a gaming keyboard, and want to use it. Is there any way I could assign shortcuts for something like the repeat-on button? How would I do that?

Thanks in advance!
prandipadaro

Re: Keybinds

Post by prandipadaro »

The simple way for me is edit your uikeys.txt file
if you are on linux ubuntu you can find it in the folder .spring inside your home
this line will be an example:

Code: Select all

bind		button		repeat 
if your problem is mapping your gaming keyboard, always on ubuntu, i use xev to get the keycode of a button, and in this case you must add a line like this before the bind line:

//make button start ( this line is only a comment)

keysym 		     	start 	                          	0xffeb
command          		arbitrary name            	code get by xev or other software
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

Thanks. Am on a mac, but there is a uikeys.txt file in the said location (at least the mac equivalent anyway). I will play around a bit and then come back If I can't work anything out.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

When in the game, type

/keydebug
and then press the said button. The corresponding keycode will be typed out in the chat. Type /keydebug again to get out of this mode.

Use that keycode in uikeys.txt, and also see that you don't have multiple files called uikeys.txt if you have problems (spring can look for that file in many folders). Hope this helps.

Return to “Help & Bugs”