Couple questions...

Couple questions...

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

BoboCop

Couple questions...

Post by BoboCop »

Hi all... this game is.................. sweet :-)

uhm, been playing with a friend a bit, me and him vs. one AI... he's been hosting the battle, and I've been adding the AI... it works FLAWLESS mostly, but after a couple hours (not a concrete time), I 100% desync out of the game; all the units just float off into the atmosphere lol. he said he gets a few desync messages from me during the game, but when this happens he gets a whole slew of em. is this a common/known occurrence? if so, are there any tips on avoiding it?

also, this paragraph belongs in the Maps forum i think, but anyway, the available mapconv.exe program; does it have any known limitations? I can only seem to make it load a 14336x14336 (28x28) map BMP; any larger and it gives me an "Image File Conversion error" as soon as it starts to load the texture file.

all I have for now.. thanks!!
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Lag can cause desyncs

Yeah, mapconv pukes at around that size
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

Yep, largest texture file mapconv can handle is around 600 meg(aka a 28x28 image).
BoboCop

Post by BoboCop »

ok, so a laaarge lag spike/desync spike will basically disconnect the client?

thanks guys

Return to “Help & Bugs”