Human Parsing Question - Page 2

Human Parsing Question

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

SinbadEV

Re: Human Parsing Question

Post by SinbadEV »

Jools wrote:
SinbadEV wrote:"Describe, in single words, only the good things that come to your mind about your mother."
You volunteer to read through those essays and evaluate which ones pass?
Yes. Though we need to reject any answer that takes the user less than 10 seconds to submit because nobody has simple feelings in regards to their mother.
knorke

Post by knorke »

I just tested and did not know what/where the "field name above this explanation" was supposed to be.

So I entered: 999 and it told me "a maximum value of 8 is allowed."
Then I entered:0 and it me it told me "a minimum value of 8 is allowed."
:shock: Hmmmm I wonder what the correct answer is. ;)
Maybe those who installed the test have some info on it, at the moment it just seems strange.
Bla

Post by Bla »

SinbadEV wrote:"Describe, in single words, only the good things that come to your mind about your mother."
phillipsjk

Post by phillipsjk »

knorke wrote:I just tested and did not know what/where the "field name above this explanation" was supposed to be.
I had the same problem: there was more than one Field name above the explanation :P

I had more trouble with the Google Capcha: it is not displayed unless you enable JavaScript.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Isn't it fascinating how brilliant Linux coders repeatedly have so much trouble with these simple captchas, while throngs of common windows gamers, children and old ladies have managed to register on this forum without a problem? I'm sure there's something insightful about this. Maybe something about Turing tests and genius savants who lack all brain development that handles social behavior.
knorke

Post by knorke »

CarRepairer wrote:simple captchas, while throngs of common windows gamers, children and old ladies have managed to register on this forum without a problem? I'm sure there's something insightful about this.
The insight is that the people who fail to register on forum do not post on forum.
But it is common complain from new users in lobby chat or other forum/sites for ex on desura:
noChance79 May 27 2014, 6:43am replied:

Wow, the registration dialog has a captcha & a "Human Parsing Question" which asks me to count vowels, sadly it's a little unprecise in telling WHERE to count. I had to guess - quite annoying!
The correct number is 8.
Imo it happens enough to show that the captcha/captaches/question is not very clear.
I think eventually everyone would figure it out but probally scared of many users who just quickly wanted to report a bug etc.
If google-captcha does only show with javascript then there should be a note about that..

Return to “Help & Bugs”