Missing waypoint line without shift

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Not posting this in a game subforum, because it seems game agnostic (same behavior at least in BA, TA, NOTA).

When I make a waypoint for a lab or queue some waypoints for a unit, I could always see it when the units/lab was just selected, now I have to hold shift for the line(s) to appear. How do I get the old behavior back?
TheSponge

Re: Missing waypoint line without shift

Post by TheSponge »

If I interpret your question correctly, you need to set "alwaysDrawQueue" to "1" in cmdcolors.txt to make spring show command waypoints. If you use Zero-K Lobby you can set this by going to the settings tab, clicking "Adv. Settings", clicking "Edit cmdcolors", then setting "alwaysDrawQueue" to "1". The setting should be on line 34. If you dont use ZKL you can just change that line in a text editor.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Run spring directly and go to settings - you can change it there.
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

Silentwings wrote:Run spring directly and go to settings - you can change it there.
No that won't work here, cmdcolors.txt is a separate config file
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

[solved] Missing waypoint line without shift -> alwaysDrawQu

Post by dansan »

YIPPIE - Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for!
(happily grinning)
SpliFF

Post by SpliFF »

jK wrote:
Silentwings wrote:Run spring directly and go to settings - you can change it there.
No that won't work here, cmdcolors.txt is a separate config file
Feature request.

Seems like functionality that could be replaced with config vars, modoptions, lua functions and/or chat commands? Having a seperate, non-lua config file seems a little archaic these days, like FBI/COB files.

I personally feel the command colors should be something the game gets first preference on but the user can override; ie, with a mod option (default) and a chat command or config var that could be controlled by user settings and/or widgets (override).

I'm not sure what options the current system provides so I might be asking for something that's already partially implemented here.

Return to “Help & Bugs”