GFX issues, red square over half the screen, minimap broken

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

PixelOfDeath

Post by PixelOfDeath »

Watching a BA game I got this terrible gfx errors. First suspecting some lua script to break I disabled them one by one... that did not change anything. So I called /luaui disable and the bug was still there.

The red square over the right side of the screen appeared at the end of the game and randomly vanished and appeared again.
The minimap looked totally broken at the end of the game.

Runing Spring 94.1 on win7
I don't have the infolog anymore. But there is the start of annother infolog so you have more infos about my system: http://pastebin.com/FENjU97c

I don't know how to reproduce this. It started late in game with the minimap background flipping to random colors.

Is this engine or BA bug? Because I dont know how much minimap stuff is in ba widgets/gadgets that /luaui disable won't influence.
Attachments
screen00210.png
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
screen00211.png
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
zerver
Spring Developer

Re: GFX issues, red square over half the screen, minimap bro

Post by zerver »

Sounds like gfx driver bug. Try press F5 to disable the GUI, it could help pinpoint the problem.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

[f=0000000] GL vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I get this too if I do lots of" /luaui reload"s. I also concluded it was another item on the list of ATI related fail and BA/engine are not to blame.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Can you people reliably reproduce (like if I do X, Y, Z it will always happen)? If you try it in windowed mode does the "split" affect total monitor geometry or just the game window?

My gut is telling me it's a hardware issue (just Spring being "too much for the card to handle") and this would narrow the problem... I recall there were a few games that would basically "crash" the ATI's OpenGL support and require a reboot... even though the computer kept working for anything that didn't need hardware accelerated graphics.

nevermind, I'm dumb.
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

Silentwings wrote:I get this too if I do lots of" /luaui reload"s. I also concluded it was another item on the list of ATI related fail and BA/engine are not to blame.
Same here I also noticed it disappears without a minimap (in tab mode).
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

I have to state the obvious here. That giant red square is the Pixel of Death.

Return to “Help & Bugs”