performance drop after nuke/balst/selfD

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

albator

Post by albator »

I did not change my graph config since I play spring over a year but playing spring (ffa mostly) I got a fps drop each time some get killed while I would expect it to be the other way around. Any idea what is making that happen ?

Maybe that is all the black stain left by the blast on the ground ? Any idea ?

mint 14 NVIDIA 560
Kloot
Spring Developer

Re: performance drop after nuke/balst/selfD

Post by Kloot »

pathfinder updates (6064883c8561 + aff2a5fec22c with 99% probability)
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Also if its self d it could be this: http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=3612.
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

Same here for past few weeks. Not so much with nukes or blasts thou. But whenever lots of text comes to the chat window(selfd, game starts, game ends) mouse pointer moves like a big ass snail in tar - and yes the whole game slows too. Also very often when game ends chat window gets filled with various error messages, and again, mousing is hell.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Also very often when game ends chat window gets filled with various error messages, and again, mousing is hell.
you should post these error messages, so they can be fixed. Here is how: http://springrts.com/wiki/Infolog.txt

To maybe reduce lag caused by chat, start spring.exe - edit settings: LogFlush = 0
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Kapytii wrote:Same here for past few weeks. Not so much with nukes or blasts thou. But whenever lots of text comes to the chat window(selfd, game starts, game ends) mouse pointer moves like a big ass snail in tar - and yes the whole game slows too. Also very often when game ends chat window gets filled with various error messages, and again, mousing is hell.
Get 94.11 which has the high CPU bug fixed for the chat output.
http://springrts.com/wiki/Spring_MT

And if you play on an MT server the pathfinding high CPU is not a problem either, because it will run on a separate processor.
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

Logflush did the trick. Rolling smoothly again.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

This is a new engine feature.

Return to “Help & Bugs”