Quick Question regards Rapid
Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Check your infolog on exit...Jonny5isalivetm wrote:Hello Peoples
Where does Rapid save it's downloads ?
I have hunted my PC for latest BA and cannot find...
Now... as to how to use the .sdp for anything other than playing? I have no idea.
Code: Select all
Using read-only data directory: C:\Users\x\Documents\My Games\Spring\ Scanning: C:\Users\x\Documents\My Games\Spring\packages [f=0000000] Using game: Zero-K v22.214.171.124 Using game archive: 98659d2a519fbdbfb41bb79415a3013a.sdp
Rapid doesn't, by default, download an human readable version of the game.Jonny5isalivetm wrote:Thanks for replies
well I checked my data directory
and no maps or mods there
can you explain how to use or what this is for ?
rapid make-sdd <tag|package> <dir>
I was pointing out that you can check you infolog for where it's storing the package files it uses instead of normal files...
What flozi gave you was a command line to use to have rapid download an sdd (a folder containing the game files) version of the game instead of the package files rapid typically uses... you would run it from the command line or a batch file where <tag|package> is the version of the map or game you want to get a copy of the game files for.
PR downloader can also do something similar as well. I, however, am more familiar with rapid commands though.
Rapid.exe wrote: Usage: rapid.exe [options...] <verb> [arguments...]
Where the different verbs and their arguments are:
* `upgrade`: Install the latest package for all pinned tags.
* `clean-upgrade`: Equivalent to 'upgrade' followed by 'uninstall-unpinned'.
* `pin <tag(s)>`: Pins tags and installs the latest packages for those tags.
* `unpin <tag(s)>`: Unpins tags. Does not uninstall any packages.
* `install <package(s)>`: Install packages. Does not pin any tags.
* `uninstall <package(s)>`: Uninstall packages. Unpins their tags if any.
* `list-tags [tag]`: List all tags that match *tag*.
* `list-pinned-tags [tag]`: Idem, but only pinned tags.
* `list-packages [package]`: List all packages whose name contains *package*.
* `list-installed-packages [package]`: Idem, but only installed packages.
* `uninstall-unpinned`: Keep only the pinned tags and all dependencies.
* `collect-pool`: Remove pool files not needed by any installed package.
* `make-sdd <tag|package> <dir>`: Extract pool files of a package into
rapid.exe pin xta:latest # installs latest XTA
rapid.exe pin s44:latest # installs latest Spring: 1944
rapid.exe upgrade # upgrade all pinned tags
Other commands are for power users mostly, e.g.:
rapid.exe list-tags '^(?!ba).*:(latest|stable|test)$' --regex
# This displays all tags ending with ':latest', ':stable' or ':test',
# which do not start with the string 'ba'.