HIGH CPU load (only ingame)

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

l00s3s

Post by l00s3s »

Hey I got a problem with a high CPU-load while playing BA.

Today I started a SP Game with 3 AAI's but soon (after 15-20mins) the Game began to lag and the CPU-load shown in the right corner of the game raised to 40-50%.
The longer I played the more the CPU-load raised after an hour i was at 70-90% with lags wich made the game unplayable.

The strange thing is if I tab out of the game and look at the graphical CPU-load-log in Taskmanager there is no graph wich shows a load larger than 20% in the last 30mins. Also my RAM is at ~3,5GB while spring itself consumes ~560MB.

Also I can't believe that my PC-config could be at any performance-border:

FX-8150 8-Cores @ 4,12 Ghz
ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Pro
16GB G.Skill Ripjawsz @ 1720mhz
ATI Radeon 6970HD

Also I have tried setting down some graphic options... same lags

Then I tried lowest graphic options... same lags

After some tries today I figured out that the lags are increasing with increasing units active in the game.

I'm not very familiar with the engine nor their settings or supportings.
Is there anything wich could explain my very low framerate?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my graphic driver is up to date (just updated to 12.4 today)
oksnoop2

Re: HIGH CPU load (only ingame)

Post by oksnoop2 »

Post Info Log Please.
l00s3s

Post by l00s3s »

Problem solved...
Failed my RAM config. I've gone trough it this morning and figured out that it was terribly messed up. Game runs smooth now at 20% load.

Sorry for inconvenience
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Good that you solved it.

However, please keep in mind that Spring does not use multiple cores very well, so 12.5% in task manager could very well mean full load on one core on an 8-core system.

Return to “Help & Bugs”