Lets face it

Lets face it

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Lets face it

Post by PicassoCT »

Most people dont want to report to Mantis, most people want people to handle there problems. Most people dont even read faqs.

So why not have a chatbot, pretending to be the helping nurse. Once someone writtes inChat "help"... the bot is there, asking questions, requesting the infolog, giving the usual downgrading advices, searching for vaguely related forum posts posting the links. And offering comfort.

I ve done some sub-Port now.. it feels like a tiresome job, that should be mechanized without telling it all around. I still do it, and will continue to do it.

Heck.. throw me a basic chatbot script and i fill in the triggerwords and answers myself. ReMaindeers shall be filled with Cleverbot.

If someone hangs in long enough, i could even get the chatbot to fill out his Mantisform.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Lets face it

Post by zwzsg »

This bot was already coded and deployed. Then it was deemed too annoying and removed.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

I never noticed him.
gajop

Post by gajop »

i think a step forward would be automated error report in the form of "Send Error Report" dialogs where the user only has to accept/deny sending it
it can also be extended to send usage information (infologs & demos) even if it didn't cause a crash (but there are still some Error lines in the infolog.txt script)
does it already exists?
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

PicassoCT wrote:I never noticed him.
http://quotes.springlobby.info/?595
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

SirMaverick wrote:
PicassoCT wrote:I never noticed him.
http://quotes.springlobby.info/?595
It crappens to the best of us..
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

gajop, we had that already, but SL crashed too often wehn sending hte report. zydox even coded a whole php site for nice browsing and filtering and whatnot of the database.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

Give us more info about sending crash reports please. We make it in NOTA :: Lobby
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

gajop, the demo file for every single game played on springie hosts is automatically saved to the server.

Return to “Help & Bugs”