Screen turns white quickly going into lightgreen at start

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Azmodael

Post by Azmodael »

I am using a 2.5 GHz (clocked to 3) Intel Dual Core, Radeon 4850 4 gigs of RAM. My current Catalyst version is 10.12

I was observing this problem - when joining an ongoing NOTA game as obs my screen would become white (with the Resource bars and building bars clearly visible, but the rest solid white). The white color turned into lightgreen shortly and the mouse cursor started to lag.

Problem is... now I am experiencing the same with starting games in which I play! After joining the game everything is normal (loading, setting up base position etc) but when the countdown timer reaches 0 and the actual game starts everything turns white, shortly after green and mouse cursor lag occurs like above.
Jazcash

Re: Screen turns white quickly going into lightgreen at start

Post by Jazcash »

I can't remember if this was related to nano-blobs, minimap widgets or another widget or something else altogether. Try disabling LuaUI to figure whether it's a widget causing the issue or not. If the issue then goes away try going through the widget list toggling each widget off and on until the issue goes away. Start with minimap widgets, highlight unit widgets and other visual ones.
Azmodael

Post by Azmodael »

Where was this menu? I remember tweaking it at one time but now i cant remember where it was :(
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Azmodael wrote:Where was this menu? I remember tweaking it at one time but now i cant remember where it was :(
The widget menu? F11.
Azmodael

Post by Azmodael »

The Red minimap appears to cause it. But now I got another bug - the red resource bar does not remove the normal one and both overlap when used :(
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Azmodael wrote:The Red minimap appears to cause it. But now I got another bug - the red resource bar does not remove the normal one and both overlap when used :(
Stop using RedUI and use something better like IceUI instead :wink:
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

RedUI Minimap
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Azmodael wrote:The Red minimap appears to cause it. But now I got another bug - the red resource bar does not remove the normal one and both overlap when used :(
You can probably fix that by disabling, then re-enabling red resource bar.

Alternatively, you can type "/resbar 0" in the console.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Related : http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24036 ?

If I'm correct, all widgets drawing point using GL_POINT will cause that kind of thing (with ATI card ofc). Minimap LUA alternatives all use GL_POINT so you wouldn't have a better result with IceUI.

You can try to enable/disable "Draw smooth points" in spring settings. It changed the drawing behaviour to draw big points (still not very playable) instead of the whole screen filled.

You can try to load the little widget I posted on the linked topic. It only draws a point to show that point drawing is the bug.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Jazcash wrote:
Stop using RedUI and tell thor to implement chili instead :wink:
Fixed.

Return to “Help & Bugs”