Fix my router and earn 1000Ôé¼

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

im tired of this shit.

I cant host games on Spring anymore.

What i've tried:
1) Forwarded all possible ports. (1-65535)
2) Disabled windows firewall.
3) Disabled router firewall.
4) ???
5) Hammer ?

and yet, none of the ports are open, (i tried with some websites to check open ports, all says not opened.)
and yet, i can play any other game fine even if i host. XD

my router name is Cisco EPC3825
LameFox

Re: Fix my router and earn 1000Ôé¼

Post by LameFox »

This probably isn't why, but just throwing it out there in case... I once had a router that would randomly change around which machine was at what local address. I never figured out why, but sometimes I'd have to go and check any ports I forwarded for the old address were updated to whatever it had decided my address was that week.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

How about you just buy a new router and give me the remaining 900Ôé¼? :P
Pako

Post by Pako »

Try any of these:
1) make sure you forwarded UDP, not just TCP
2) test UPnP port forward
3) bridge your router (find setting or you may need a firmware change)
4) punch a hole into NAT (might be difficult)
5) make a tunnel (proxy or ipv6(free))
6) set your router to allow login from internet and post your public IP, router username and password to hak5.org forum and ask them to open all your ports

I can take S&M gay sex as payment too.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

use a relay host! :)
aegis

Post by aegis »

are you using a separate dsl/cable modem?
does your ISP block ports? that happened to me once.
abchirk

Post by abchirk »

hey

which router do you got?

I can host spring games and websites for checking open ports declare it as closed...

I would close the firewall instead of allow all. Did you forward UDP?

And if you use DHCP, try to use an static IP on your LAN machine. For example: 192.168.1.45
And forward your spring host port to that IP as virtual server
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Pako wrote:1) make sure you forwarded UDP, not just TCP
I set both in the forwarded ports list.
Pako wrote:2) test UPnP port forward
"Could not find the main class: org.chris.portmapper.PortMapperStarter. Program will exit."
Pako wrote:3) bridge your router (find setting or you may need a firmware change)
4) punch a hole into NAT (might be difficult)
5) make a tunnel (proxy or ipv6(free))
no idea what are those... and how exactly would they help me.
Pako wrote:I can take S&M gay sex as payment too.
:o
abma wrote:use a relay host! :)
I want to fix my router! damnit.
aegis wrote:are you using a separate dsl/cable modem?
i only have this router thing... the cable goes into router directly. Before i had cable modem + router (and as soon as i got problems with router, i trashed it...) But now i cant trash the router anymore, because its all i have!
aegis wrote:does your ISP block ports? that happened to me once.
I doubt that, since ive been able to host before, but only 8pl games, and without router i could host up to 24pl games...
abchirk wrote:which router do you got?
Cisco EPC3825
abchirk wrote:I would close the firewall instead of allow all. Did you forward UDP?
Yes, i forwarded UDP and TCP.
abchirk wrote:And if you use DHCP, try to use an static IP on your LAN machine. For example: 192.168.1.45
And forward your spring host port to that IP as virtual server
I dont know how.
This is how i forwarded my ports:
I cant put any other IP there except what is there now, will say error etc...
Pako

Post by Pako »

TradeMark wrote:I cant put any other IP there except what is there now, will say error etc...
Check that your computer has the same IP. There is this DMZ tab, remove that port forwarding and set the DMZ for your IP.

If it still wont work there can be another NAT but upnp should work with that too.
http://forum.wippies.com/wiki/Port_Forw ... p:ll%C3%A4
upnpc.exe -r 8453 UDP
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

TradeMark wrote:Image
I cant put any other IP there except what is there now, will say error etc...
this looks like the sort of thing that will make system admins rage at you
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Actually I recently tried to forward 1:65535 on my TP-LINK but found that it had absolutely no effect, because I could still browse the web from another computer.

Maybe try to forward a smaller range for Spring such as 8000:9000?
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

zerver wrote:Actually I recently tried to forward 1:65535 on my TP-LINK but found that it had absolutely no effect, because I could still browse the web from another computer.

I thought it didn't affect browsing as that is an outbound connection (the website data sent back is a response that is routed to the requester regardless of port forwarding).
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Pako wrote:Check that your computer has the same IP. There is this DMZ tab, remove that port forwarding and set the DMZ for your IP.
what does dmz do exactly? opens all ports? do i really need to disable all forwarded ports for this?

i toggled DMZ on to the ip 192.168.0.10, and i have all ports open.. .still the websites says "is not responding" when they try to check my ports
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

TradeMark wrote:
Pako wrote:Check that your computer has the same IP. There is this DMZ tab, remove that port forwarding and set the DMZ for your IP.
what does dmz do exactly? opens all ports? do i really need to disable all forwarded ports for this?

i toggled DMZ on to the ip 192.168.0.10, and i have all ports open.. .still the websites says "is not responding" when they try to check my ports
you have all the ports open ? an open port means something is listenning to it ... if you just forward them they won't be open ...
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

can you post a infolog.txt of a game you're hosting?
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

momfreeek wrote:
zerver wrote:Actually I recently tried to forward 1:65535 on my TP-LINK but found that it had absolutely no effect, because I could still browse the web from another computer.

I thought it didn't affect browsing as that is an outbound connection (the website data sent back is a response that is routed to the requester regardless of port forwarding).
Yeah, could be. Not very logical behavior though, since that response has to use a port like any other incoming packet.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

zerver wrote:
momfreeek wrote:

Yeah, could be. Not very logical behavior though, since that response has to use a port like any other incoming packet.
hell you don't know shit about network ! web browsing uses tcp 80, when you make an active outgoing tcp connection, your router automatically registers it to allow bidirectionnal communications, otherwise you'd have to redirect every ports you use to a machine and only one comp could use one port on the same router, how can you make multithreaded spring and not know that !!!
kremmy

Post by kremmy »

How are you going about checking whether the port is open, what website? Are you actively hosting when you do? Some setups make the port appear closed while there's nothing actively hosted there, make sure you're not falling into that trap!
Pako

Post by Pako »

TradeMark wrote:

DMZ is demilitary zone. It takes the military off from your IP. Port scanners dont work since like windows 95. Yuo need to have stupid/good enough service running on a port to reply random packets for a port scan to work.
Satirik wrote:hell you don't know shit about network !
No, Zerver is right. Edit yor post or die in humiliation.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

abma wrote:can you post a infolog.txt of a game you're hosting?
If that helps, ill post when i host next time.
kremmy wrote:How are you going about checking whether the port is open, what website? Are you actively hosting when you do? Some setups make the port appear closed while there's nothing actively hosted there, make sure you're not falling into that trap!
Hm, i wasnt, didnt think of that. i used http://www.checkmyport.com and various other sites.
Pako wrote:DMZ is demilitary zone. It takes the military off from your IP. Port scanners dont work since like windows 95. Yuo need to have stupid/good enough service running on a port to reply random packets for a port scan to work.
So DMZ is good or bad idea to have enabled? (it was disabled by default o.O) i dont understand how this would help me to get my hosting working...

Return to “Help & Bugs”