Strange bugs and crashes.

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

So, for some reason, with this version and version 0.82.6.0, it crashes constantly when trying to start up games (never ingame, only at the end of startup). Mostly when running BA (old and new versions). It crashes probably seven out of ten times. The graphics card I'm using is an ati radeon 3850, also my screen res is 1920 x 1080. And, I think it's graphics related, because when I apply anti-aliasing it crashes every single time.

Also, there is a weird bug with the minimap this time around. It appears that when you use the 'stretchy' minimap, every time particles are emitted ingame, the entire screen except for the UI displays the color of the particles and blocks your vision. So when building the entire screen is green. When something explodes its yellow. Its especially strange because it doesn't just instantly turn that color, instead it fades in and out.

I think it could be just an ati problem. But anyway, just thought I should let you guys know. Thanks.
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Strange bugs and crashes.

Post by abma »

try different drivers, or use some hints from there:

http://springrts.com/wiki/FAQ:trouble#ATI

Return to “Help & Bugs”