Host game crash

Host game crash

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Yuri

Host game crash

Post by Yuri »

When I try to host a BA game the game crashes in 1s.
Ports are forwarded and firewall is disabled. I use Cat 10.7 OGL ES2.

It happens in every Spring version and mod since the 0.82.2 release.

I tried to disable AA, no luck here.

http://pastebin.com/T7fGpsiu
zerver
Spring Developer

Re: Host game crash

Post by zerver »

There is an info message near the end of that trace... so maybe Spring is not to blame.
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Well, it has started to happen after the update of Spring so I don't blame my drivers for this.
I have already tried the latest Cat ofc :)

btw I noticed this warnings in TASC:
[22:42:41] GetModValidMapCount: luaParser.Execute() failed: could not open file: ValidMaps.lua
[22:42:41] ProcessUnits: luaParser.Execute() failed: [string "gamedata/defs.lua"]:37: [string "gamedata/defs.lua"]:25: error = 2, gamedata/unitDefs.lua, error = 2, gamedata/unitdefs_post.lua, [string "gamedata/unitdefs_post.lua"]:9: attempt to index local 'modOptions' (a nil value)
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

new spring uses new OpenGL stuff => crash
-> either spring uses it wrong, or your GFX has a bug in handling this new stuff.
so you can not assume it is not your drivers fault, just cause it works in one version of spring and in an other one not.

new stuff here means, stuff it did not use before, not: "!NEW!11 latest of greatest OpenGL 6000.5.67 extension that mirrors your soul onto glassy parts of materials, atom per atom."

Return to “Help & Bugs”