Test Server Error Report

Test Server Error Report

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Kenku

Test Server Error Report

Post by Kenku »

Hey all, I was reinstalling spring trying to get back in after a comp death, and I ran the test spring program and I got this error:

Needed OpenGL extension(s) no found:
GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_texture_env, GL_ARB_texture_compression
Update your graphics card driver(which I tried but the card is behind the ATI legacy thing, so I have the latest)
graphic card: GDI Generic
Open GL Version: GDI Generic

Is there any way I can fix this or am I screwed?

Comp Specs
Custom Build, AsRock 775i65G Motherboard, with Intel Pent 4 3Ghz Processor
2GB Memory
Radion X1600 Video Card with 512MB Vid Ram(I also have a X1950, but the dumb thing crashed the second I tried to run any 3D games, so its sitting in its box)
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: Test Server Error Report

Post by hoijui »

i guess you are on linux?
anyway.. this can only be solved by using the right drivers (if they exist). i do not know if there is a driver for your card(s) for the OS you use, maybe someone else here can help you, but in recent Xorg versions (which come with eg. ubuntu since 8.10), my X1400 card is not usable for spring anymore.
in short, you have to get your card ready, and there are probably other places then here that can serve you better in this quest.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

GDI generic means you don't have acceleration enabled. install graphics drivers.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Or enable the acceleration if it happens to be disabled...
Kenku

Post by Kenku »

I'm on Windows 7, and Ati never made Win 7 drivers for it. There are supposedly Vista drivers that may work, and Im going to try that now.
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

I ended up having to install ATI drivers for my card through command prompt. The installer crashed every time I tried to run it on Win7 x64.
Kenku

Post by Kenku »

*shrugs* well, I made the install and the test worked, so I think Im good now, thanks to thoes who helped by the way.

Return to “Help & Bugs”