Apt not up to date (and website says it maintained.)

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Jasper1984

Post by Jasper1984 »

Springlobbys says i have spring 0.78.2, and need 0.80.4. apt says 0.78.2.1-0ubuntu1~8.04~ppa1, and up-to-date with repo. This is on Ubuntu hardy(8.04). (Springlobby is version 0.0.1.10446-0ubuntu1~8.04~ppa1)

I understand this is volunteer work, and maybe i should upgrade to 9 already, but please either fix the website, or fix the repo.

Maybe i'll upgrade later... tried to upgrade to Arch.. couldn't get damned desktop to work.. Well, had a basic X one working, but then i did pacman -R stuff is annoying, you'd think package managers would be able to roll over/roll back configuration..
Beherith

Re: Apt not up to date (and website says it maintained.)

Post by Beherith »

Correct me if im wrong, but I recall that the Ubuntu repository is a few days behind, might need a bit more time to update.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

8.04 will not be updated most likely, cause it would need a lot of packages backported. Someone should update the wiki, everyone cna do that.
Jasper1984

Post by Jasper1984 »

Ok, i took that as a cue to change it. Note that i don't know what the state is of the 8.10 repo. Uncertainty like that doesn't look good on the install page, and an out-of-date version isn't really that useful to most people, so maybe the out-of-date repos should just be mentioned at the end of it?

Note that i am fine with require people to upgrade in order to play. But it's probably better to keep basic info like that up to date :). Edit: i mean the info on the website, of course! Edit: ok in case you're in 8.04 and wondering how to upgrade I'll probably do that tommorow and see how 8.04 repo does.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

8.10 and 9.04 are maintained (by me and det), 8.04 isn't. Thanks for fixing the wiki entry

Return to “Help & Bugs”