TASClient CPU usage

TASClient CPU usage

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

eyu100

TASClient CPU usage

Post by eyu100 »

Is there a reason TASClient has to use 100% CPU when opening (and closing!) games? It takes a long time to switch battles, which often causes me to miss games.
ginekolog

Re: TASClient CPU usage

Post by ginekolog »

I have same problem. Sometimes it takes 20sec to open battle windows (reading mod file... ). Nonsense.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

ginekolog wrote:I have same problem. Sometimes it takes 20sec to open battle windows (reading mod file... ). Nonsense.
me2
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

You guys should turn off "Load unit icons and names when joining" in Options -> Interface.

This function only helps (shows you unit pictures) if you want to disable units or if you wanna see which are disabled. Load is much faster w/o.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

tried it, now i cant see high/metal-map, maybe satirik could do an additional option, so i could see them, while i disabled Load unit icons and names when joining
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

I have it off, but I'm still able to see metal and height map. It shouldn't affect that.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

tasclient gets application error, while reloading map list

edit: error while showing minimap (metal and heightmap works)
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

not linked with this ...

for the height map and metal map it's optional now and disabled (cause it's pretty slow) but it's in the latest beta only so if you're not using it ... which version are you using ?

with metal and height map disabled and load unit icons disabled the joining should be a lot faster, but reading mod file is unitsync so if it's slow i don't think it's tasclient related

edit: where a new version comes out you can also read the changelog to know what's new and maybe understand why things have changed and how to set them back to before the update
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

the error still occurs while reloading map (from internet, NOT with included spring-downloader)
Masure

Post by Masure »

Yeah a bug remains in the last beta version. Sat is aware of it.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

should be fixed now

Return to “Help & Bugs”