replays: UI + player view

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

knorke

Post by knorke »

i just wanted to watch a CA replay and suddendly tons of lua stuff turned it self on like nubtron, units outline, evolve ui etc.
seems in replays spring doesnt remember the UI settings anymore?

also, how do you spectate (in a replay) all players at the same time?

i try /specfullview and /spectator but it doesnt seem to change anything, even when pressing the numberkeys to change the players i can only see the units of one players at a time.
oh, and at least in ca you can see the nanobeams of the factories during replay even if not watching that team. ie you have nanobeams floating in the air. that doesnt happen when playing.

edit:
i noticed average command size its displayed as x,xx now in the tasclient but in the ingame-endgame-screen its still an integer. maybe change that to a float too.
bwansy

Re: replays: UI + player view

Post by bwansy »

Also, after watching a replay by double-clicking the demo file directly, Spring creates a bunch of files folders under Spring/demo/, which contains ui settings, infolog, etc as if they were in the root folder.
knorke

Post by knorke »

oh, screenshots from replays are also saved in a spring\demos\screenshots folder.
i think spring\screenshots\demos would be easier to find?

so now i found the screenshot of the nanobeams bug:
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

These are all caused by Spring treating the location of the demo file as the source folder. It tries to look for the LuaUI settings, save screenshots and create files that would only have been created at first run, all under the demo folder.

Return to “Help & Bugs”