0.61b2 bug list.

0.61b2 bug list.

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Neuralize

0.61b2 bug list.

Post by Neuralize »

changelog.txt wrote: -Moved spawn.txt into xta archive by default to allow replacements by other mods, and replaced it with "Storm Easy AI v1.0"
Random AI doesn't read from said directory, I had to take it out of the XTA mod file and put it back into the Spring directory for correct functionality.

However, I just noticed that paths are now zipped! Good call. Now, you need to make it so spring creates seperate path directories for each mod for each map. So upon changing mods, you don't get screwed with calcing the path over and over again.

Could we also get cubeboxes or skyboxes or whatever they are into the sdz/sd7 of the map they use, as having a 25 meg file that could be much smaller is rather wasteful of disk space.
Last edited by Neuralize on 14 Aug 2005, 11:56, edited 2 times in total.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

I think someone mentioned that the CVS version includes compressed skybox support.
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

munch

Change request

Post by munch »

the dragging a line of buildigs thing with variable spacing - really useful - I've wanted it for ages, but didn't want to ask cuase I know you guys are so busy. But to put it in so that only people with 5 buttons on their mouse can use it???

Can you add in a keyboard alternative, or better still use the middle mouse button??

Really appreciate all the neat new features and thanks to whoever did the new lobby - great =)

Thanks

Munch
munch

Replays don't work =(

Post by munch »

Replays don't work =(

I can't get any replays to work now, either XTA or a mod. As soon as the game finishes loading, the screen goes completely grey and the crash dialog box comes up.

Munch
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Only the first four scars are read in the springdecals_v061.sdz.. I thought we were able to add more to our hearts desire?
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

Pathfinding has some problems still. When I set waypoints with the line going through the factory wall for units that are being build, the unit first tries to go to the topleft corner of the map, after which it'll go to the waypoint I gave.

This bug was also in 0.60b1 present. Please SY, fix it. It's really really annoying when your mobile fusions keep wandering off to enemy terrority.

@Neuralize: can you change the topic title to "0.61b1 bug list"?
colorblind
Spring Developer

Re: Replays don't work =(

Post by colorblind »

munch wrote:Replays don't work =(
They work for me, but I don't have any mod installed. Try it with a clean install and see if that works.
One other thing: sometimes I get

Code: Select all

error skipping in ground jpeg
in a windows popup box when Spring starts. After I click 'ok' it works fine, but it's just a bit strange ...
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

i get that error too. not all the time though, i think its people with 'unclean' installs screwing it up...not sure really, but playing with colourblind i got no errors, and then playing with some otehr ppl i get that stupid error skipping ground jpeg msg! >.<
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Replay work fine for me, even those from UH.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Okay. New bugs. A lot of crashing, dunno what's up. Sometimes clients start up double instances of Spring, and even more weird is the random "Player" trying to connect to games, perhaps another instance trying to connect. /

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but I crashed while holding down tilde, and drawing and my friend crashed when a nuke went off. :P

New point needs to be a different key than draw, because somes I'll draw really fast and like.. it will think I'm double clicking :/
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Yea I just had two copies of spring open up, and I got booted form game. Very annoying bug!
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

The double launch seems to be related to two instances of spring launching instead of one, the second instance always crashes form a pbuffer error allowing you to return to the first instance as if nothing had happened, but skybox textures become corrupt.

Alsos, i always geta an "Error skipping in ground jpg"
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

The spectator and player numbers in the launcher seem switched around, 3 players and one spec on a 4 player max game reads 3+1/4, should read 1+3/4
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

Annihilators and Doomsday Machines don't have a health bar.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

They do, its just hidden by their guns. Any tall tower will block its own health bar. Perhaps we need an option in the unit file to specify the location of your health bars? or just make them automatically overlay the unit.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

I've reinstalled sprig and now during launch i dont get the loading screen, i have to alt tab into the game. It loads rediculously fast nwo though...
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Or maybe have it move them automatically to the tallest piece of the unit, like the head on a Kroggie, or the turret on an Anni.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Well I think it already does that, but when the doom/anni unfolds it grows taller. So a bar that moves with the unit (Motion Sickness!!) would be good.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Yeah, I just confirmed it, holding down tilde too long does crash the game :( I like drawings.

Return to “Help & Bugs”