All units get colored the same.

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

manored

Post by manored »

I got this weird bug somewhat recently, for reasons I cannot guess as nothing in the computer or was changed (as far as I know) that causes all units to be colored with the color of the first player to aparear in the list, rather than the colors they should have. This only happens with the units thenselves, the radar dots, both on map and minimap, are colored normally.
hunterw

Re: All units get colored the same.

Post by hunterw »

reinstall
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

This sometimes happens to me on my slow netbook when I'm speccing. It comes and goes depending on my zoom level.
manored

Post by manored »

hunterw wrote:reinstall
Anything less drastic? :)

Could that widget that re-colors units according to teams "override" the bug and at least let me tell allies from foes and me again?
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

reinstalling spring isn't a very big deal, just copy your maps, mods, and lua widget folders to somewhere and paste them back after reinstalling

doing this really cuts out a lot of potential causes of your problem
manored

Post by manored »

hunterw wrote:reinstalling spring isn't a very big deal, just copy your maps, mods, and lua widget folders to somewhere and paste them back after reinstalling

doing this really cuts out a lot of potential causes of your problem
Ok, I will give it a try, thanks.

Edit: I gave it a try, but it didnt work. I copied out and back in the mods, maps and luaui folders so that might have something to do with it, but I dont think so since it happens with all mods and I already tried disabling lua. (Except that I didnt tried disabling lua before entering the game... should I?)

Edit2: I tried disabling lua and then starting spring, but didnt work either, so its not some bugged widget.
Adonai_Jr

Post by Adonai_Jr »

Manored, some months ago i got the same problem. If u have an NVIDIA card (and the full driver installed), take an look on NVIDIA-icon on systray->performance and quality settings->image settings.
Set it to "Quality". If u let it in "Performance" or "High Performance" the problem happens exactly as you say.

I had very difficult to find the solution when happened to me, off course this is very weird. :P

BTW, i have an GeForce FX 5500.

Good Luck! :wink:
Attachments
solution.PNG
(12.85 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

Gotta be a driver problem then, like Adonai suggested. if Adonai's solution doesn't work try installing a different driver.
manored

Post by manored »

Adonai_Jr wrote:Manored, some months ago i got the same problem. If u have an NVIDIA card (and the full driver installed), take an look on NVIDIA-icon on systray->performance and quality settings->image settings.
Set it to "Quality". If u let it in "Performance" or "High Performance" the problem happens exactly as you say.

I had very difficult to find the solution when happened to me, off course this is very weird. :P

BTW, i have an GeForce FX 5500.

Good Luck! :wink:
Thanks! Im almost sure its this because I remember carelessly fiddling with those settings somewhat recently in the hopes of making B&W work right :)

Something was wrong with my driver and I couldnt acess the advanced settings. After reinstalling it spring is working normally again. Thanks :)

Return to “Help & Bugs”