(0.78.1.1) Replays not working...

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

Hey i just updated to 0.78.1.1 and i can no longer watch any replays. They don't show in the list, even though they are present in the demos folder. I can see all the old replays, however. Would suck if the new ones are all broken, cause i made some bot expiriments that i'd love to watch in replay :/

Any ideas ?
Last edited by adin_panther on 14 Jan 2009, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
Adonai_Jr

Re: Replays not working...

Post by Adonai_Jr »

Same here, but in a worse way. The old ones (replays) doens't work too. I've uninstalled the new spring version, and reinstalled the 0.75b with all my stuff, maps, widgets etc... only to try to see the replays. Lobby upgraded, and yet doens't work. The error message says: (image attached) and i have the exactly same mod. And already tryed to reinstall the mod too, without success. Any ideas?

Tnx!
Attachments
my error message
my error message
error.PNG (8 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

Yeah i got my lobby at the latest version, too. I really love to watch replays. :/
beejayzed

Post by beejayzed »

As a temporary measure, you can check in the Spring directory under demos. Order by date to see the newest ones.
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

I have that on by default, in the explorer the new ones show up just fine, not so in the lobby ...
albator

Re: (0.78.1.1) Replays not working...

Post by albator »

Same here. I am on windows XP sp2, using TAS and the new replays (created with 0.78.1.1) does not appear in the replay list. It is not a problem of replay files because the replays have been created in the demo directory, moreover, replays (made with 0.78.1.1) posted on adune and placed in the demo directory are also not detected.

I would like to know if it is a windows problem or not. I have to precise that I dont have microsoft Framework 2.0

Problem occurs with both lobby and tas.
rakhim

Post by rakhim »

I've got the same problem. You can watch replays if you select your demo-file and use "open-with" and use spring.exe.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

You're not doing anything wrong, guys. It's a known problem and should be fixed in the next Spring version.
rakhim wrote:You can watch replays if you select your demo-file and use "open-with" and use spring.exe.
(or drag-and-drop the demofile onto spring.exe)
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

Thanks guys ! This loads the replay, but it does still not play correctly, it gives me an error message saying "Invalid order from player 0 for (unit XXXX, team 1)" ...

Seems that only AI is effected as i was seeing my own commander behaving just fine, while the AI just stood around ghosted.
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

It worked for me. Also, it's possible to associate replay files with spring.exe now. Before 0.76, it was associated by default, but somehow the installer of 0.76 didn't do that, nor was it possible to associate the file type manually. After doing so, you can watch the replay by simply double-clicking the file.
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

Yeah all replays work, only my ai replays are screwed, which is a bit sad. I used KAI and AAI, by the way, and BA as mod.
rakhim

Post by rakhim »

Seems like the method isn't fool-roof.

I can only watch games that where played without any spectators. If one or more spectators were present during the game it will only start up the demo up until people begins to select startpositions. After that nothing more happens. It also creates another demo-file of the "game" I had while trying to watch the original demo.

Anyone else got same problem?
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

MelTraX wrote:You're not doing anything wrong, guys. It's a known problem and should be fixed in the next Spring version.
rakhim wrote:You can watch replays if you select your demo-file and use "open-with" and use spring.exe.
(or drag-and-drop the demofile onto spring.exe)

That works, however when u view the replay like that, it makes a new replay file everytime you watch it.
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

rakhim wrote:Seems like the method isn't fool-roof.

I can only watch games that where played without any spectators. If one or more spectators were present during the game it will only start up the demo up until people begins to select startpositions. After that nothing more happens. It also creates another demo-file of the "game" I had while trying to watch the original demo.

Anyone else got same problem?
Yes, that seems to be the problem, too. That and AI messing up completely. I don't get this all ... there seemed to be no need for changes in the replays, and now they messed up somehow o.o
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

I'm still getting the "Invalid order from player" bug when trying to replay AI games.
bernds

Post by bernds »

I have the same problem with 0.78.2.1. If this has been fixed, can someone point me to the commit(s)?
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

The invalid-order-from-AI-players issue is still there, but can be avoided by typing

Code: Select all

/cheat
/godmode
at the start of the replay.

Return to “Help & Bugs”