Dual-screen

Dual-screen

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Gonzo

Dual-screen

Post by Gonzo »

I have 2 monitors, same card, works in windows (XP SP2)
the game runs flawlessly etc.
ive tried alot of stuff, searched, looked on here, ATI, google etc.
tried tampering with the config, and even updated the config tool
must be spring.exe that is the problem...
but im going to have to ask, do any of you know if theres a trick to this?
it just doesnt happen :)
i have a ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512mb ram

btw: i also (for some reason) tried setting ie. screenmode 1024x768 -> 2048x768 (error, not enough screen mem or something)
Vadi

Re: Dual-screen

Post by Vadi »

Sorry but, you didn't state your problem.

I know that in springlobby settings you can check off the 'dual screen' option, if you're using that.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I want to play the game in dual-screen
But it just never happens no matter how i go at it
ive also tried setting (in desktop) the screens to the same size (and bitmode)
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hmm. I'm not sure, I don't have dualscreen - but I did just read a thread where LordMatt said he used dualscreens. Maybe PM him?
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

My guess is this is a matter of telling the ati driver to handle the two monitors as one entity aka spanning mode. You should look for a way to set the resolution to, for example, 2048 * 768. No idea though where in the driver settings this is to be done.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

You have to set your display to treat both monitors as a single monitor. This is one area where Linux is far ahead of windows, as you can set up a custom display configuration for a game in Linux fairly easily.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

ah ok thanks, i will try that

edit: it worked :)
a little clunky, but i will get used to it ;)
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Clunky?
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

yea its the getting used part i think
i keep using my mouse to move the camera, which requires me to move it often enough 1280*2 pixels (over the minimap)
when i should really be using the arrows

also i think its abit hard to target enemies on the minimap, especially when you really want to
there should be some hotkey that uses "nearest enemy", unless there is (and id be happy to know what it is)

oh and one more thing
the AIs are destroying me :(
its being unforgiving towards the new guy
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

KAIK is really hard. I recommend trying AAI.

I started out with KAIK too at first, because it's the only one that was working (didn't have the config files for the aai). That thing is a beast; even playing 3 vs 2 (4 kaiks, 1 me) I'd still lose often. It has a weakness on air/water though - it sorta ignores AA defences, even if it doesn't build much air.

I recommend giving AAI a try. I was able to put up at least a decent try against it. Though, I did hear that the thing learns. So it might not always be so easy on me :(
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

yea i was just thinking of that, and i just beat an AAI enemy :)
1 vs 1
was fun, although a little unrewarding at the end because i was sort of just cleaning up :P
move team "1" around, press "2" and attack (big bertha)

btw the enemy had like 5 commanders?? how do you make one?

oh and i noticed something strange in the beginning
the AAI kept coming at me from different angles :P
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Depends on the mod I think. I saw in one of the CA loading screens that you can make mirror (fake) images of comms.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Gonzo wrote:yea its the getting used part i think
i keep using my mouse to move the camera, which requires me to move it often enough 1280*2 pixels (over the minimap)
when i should really be using the arrows

also i think its abit hard to target enemies on the minimap, especially when you really want to
there should be some hotkey that uses "nearest enemy", unless there is (and id be happy to know what it is)
Also remember you can click in the middle mouse button to enter "mouse look mode" and move the screen that way (what I do for moving to the side with the minimap). It takes a few games to get used to it. I don't have any difficulty targeting enemies or even microing on the minimap.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

They were probably Decoy Commanders... they have a pretty good build-time to cost ratio so AIs seem to love spamming them.

Return to “Help & Bugs”