crashes

crashes

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Day

crashes

Post by Day »

Ive been crashing in spring games (BA6.0) since yesterday for no apparent reason. The game just freezes in whats usually the first five minutes into the game and I have to cancel it using ctrl alt delete.
Afterwards the replay isnt watchable and the infolog says nothing.
What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.
imbaczek

Re: crashes

Post by imbaczek »

and it worked fine the day before yesterday?

have you installed something? driver updates or something?
did you add a mod or a map yesterday?
Day

Post by Day »

It worked fine before yesterday.
Only installed ventrilo recently, no driver updates.
And the only thing i recently DLed for spring was a CA stable version.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

i had somthing similar when my graphics card was packing in
Day

Post by Day »

bump, any suggestions?
Also, I dont crash while spectating, just while playing.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

for start try installing spring in new folder and play from there. Might be hardware issue though but that would show while specing too,.
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

no, it is a bug in the custom formations widget.

It use (sometimes) the hungarian algo. to optimize the waypoints (implementation by gunblob). But there is a very wierd bug, so sometimes the widget gets wrong line vertices points: 3 x the same point, but this shouldn't happen at all and/or handled as single click. The hungarian code doesn't like it and goes in an endless loop.
gunblob already uploaded a new version to uf (and CA uses a debug version, that unloads the widget before continueing the endless loop). But the reason for this bug is still unknown and isn't easy to debug, because the bug only occurs in real games (so i need to play many games, but i haven't much time atm and if i have time there isn't any CA game open).
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

but day plays without luaui
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

ever since ba 5.8 i get random crashes virtually every game, every other mod works fine, only have problems with ba, I even deleted my entire lua directory and it still crashes ><
I posted a few stcktace thingies but nobody could work out what was going wrong. :(
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

the here discussed problem are freezes ... none crashes
Icekiller

Post by Icekiller »

I just started now and then like 2 mins in it hut down what do i do :(
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

Maybe test if this is the cause. I believe Spring was more forgiving of missing models for corpses before the lua parsers, so it could have been an undetected issue for a while now.
Aurek

Post by Aurek »

I've been having issues similar to Day's. With BA 6.0, every time I press shift-alt to draw a build area, the entire RTSSpring window freezes and i have to ctrl-alt-del to close it. It seems to happen sometimes even when i refrain from pressing shift-alt, usually in the first 5 or so minutes. I've tried resetting the registry, changing program folders and reinstalling, but it still freezes.

I'm using a C2D 2.2ghz CPU with 1 gb of RAM and a 8600GT graphics card. Hadn't installed anything new before it started freezing.

Return to “Help & Bugs”