Low FPS, constant lag, and no water/water is full of lines

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

Read the topic.

My Specs:

Motherboard: Ati Radeon Xpress 200
CPU: Intel Pentium D 2.8ghz "Dual Processor"
Video Card: MSI NX8600GT-TD512EZ/D2(Shader-Overclock)
RAM: 1.5gb
Machiosabre

Re: Low FPS, constant lag, and no water/water is full of lines

Post by Machiosabre »

and you didn't believe me when I said water wouldn't work, you brought this on yourself!
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Dynamic water does not work on gf8s, nor on mere pentium D's with any sort of performance.
rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

No, dynamic water worked on my XPS 400 perfectly even on a 6800, at around 20fps.

I lowered settings to medium, and get it peaked at 60fps, so I guess I fixed it. But I do get very good fps in most other games even on high settings.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Peet wrote:Dynamic water does not work on gf8s
Nor does it work on ATI cards...if you selected it running an ati card, spring most certainly fell back to reflective/refractive and "worked fine" there.
rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

I was talking about my nVidia 6800 that came with my dell.

It got fried along with the harddrive, since dell didn't give an XP cd, I fell back on good old ubuntu 7.1, and picked up the 8600GT at a computer show, it was so good, so I bought another for my main pc.

Oblivion can run on full settings HDR included on my pc, Gmod runs at whatever the default settings were, most likely medium-high, at around 140fps, peaking at 200fps. I haven't done a sauerbraten test yet, since I just reinstalled XP on this pc, and it's a big download. Team Fortress 2 ran great on my X1650 pro, along with portal on medium-high settings, I'm going to test those soon, and say my results, but frankly, spring has lower polygons, less effects, and there really shouldn't be this bad of a hardware hit.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

rcdraco wrote:I was talking about my nVidia 6800 that came with my dell.

It got fried along with the harddrive, since dell didn't give an XP cd, I fell back on good old ubuntu 7.1, and picked up the 8600GT at a computer show, it was so good, so I bought another for my main pc.

Oblivion can run on full settings HDR included on my pc, Gmod runs at whatever the default settings were, most likely medium-high, at around 140fps, peaking at 200fps. I haven't done a sauerbraten test yet, since I just reinstalled XP on this pc, and it's a big download. Team Fortress 2 ran great on my X1650 pro, along with portal on medium-high settings, I'm going to test those soon, and say my results, but frankly, spring has lower polygons, less effects, and there really shouldn't be this bad of a hardware hit.
MAEK PATCH PLX TO FIX ISSUE
rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

I'm not making a patch, since it isn't my game to maintain.

I'm saying that, every game I have can run on full settings over 80fps, and spring cries at full settings and dynamic water won't draw. Aparantely spring has something broken, because every game I have runs great except it.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

K THOSE GAMES HAV PPL PAID TO DEV THEM K GO MAEK PATCH NOW K
rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

Aardappel isn't paid to make Sauerbraten, but he did help with Far Cry, so I think he has a job. I really don't understand what the problem is, can I get someone who won't just flame me and expect me to know C++.

I got 130fps on Thor on my Dell which is on linux, in Sauerbraten, that same pc gets 20 fps in Spring on medium settings. Polygons are lower in spring [at least to my knowledge], and the cpu is plenty fast and strong. If you have something important to say say it, because the "MAEK PATCH FIX PLOX" crap has to stop.
aegis

Post by aegis »

YAH LETS STOP MAKIN PATCHES
aegis

Post by aegis »

fps engines are much different than rts engines

how many fps do you get on supreme commander with similar settings?
rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

Probably More, but I can't get over that "PLAY WITH DOTS AND CIRCLES AT 1000x ZOOM!!!!!" so I won't buy it...
aegis

Post by aegis »

orite

since i get 40 fps in supreme commander on decent settings with dual monitors and maxed vsync with iceui in spring, it makes perfect sense for your fail 8600 GT to perform faster on supreme commander?

the 7600 GT > 8600 GT in all tests i've seen done.
rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

I just checked, besides better texture fillrate, and DX10 support, they said that the 8600GT is equal to the 7600.

Where were you the past 2 times I posted about getting a new pc.
aegis

Post by aegis »

lolol and besides benchmarks: stock 8600 GT loses vs a stock 7600 GT - and then mine overclocked by 30% stable... dual-dvi out, gddr3, etc :)

http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=637
the 8600 GT is a disgrace

Return to “Help & Bugs”