2 questions: unit ack spam + middle mouse drawing

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Linebacker

Post by Linebacker »

Heya!

I have two quick questions, that I couldn't solve myself yet. I guess you guys know what to do fairly quick. ;-)

1. Like everybody else, I want to draw a dot on the map by using my middle mouse button and the key next to the 1. The problem is that my middle mouse is bound to the letter "M" - and I want to keep it that way. How can I tell Spring that it should react to M instead of the standard "universal scroll" that is bound to the middle mouse button by default?

2. How can I stop unit acknowledgement spam? Later in the game, when you got numerous labs and hundreds of units sent to different position, you often get messages like: "unit xxx can't reach destination". How can you lower the spam frequency so that a unit reports just once and not repeatedly or turn it off the unit reporting if impossible to adjust otherwise?

edit: one addition question: can I change the ally ingame? If so, what's the command for that please? (LAN game)

edit2: and another question: why do spies occasionally decloak? How can I prevent this? (BA)
AF
AI Developer

Re: 2 questions: unit ack spam + middle mouse drawing

Post by AF »

Spies? What mod are you talking about? TA based or nonTA based? BA AA XTA CA DA EA TIA JA or LLTA?
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Linebacker wrote:Heya!

2. How can I stop unit acknowledgement spam?
++1
edit2: and another question: why do spies occasionally decloak? How can I prevent this? (BA)
my guess is:

-low e
-passing close to an enemy
-a plane overhead
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

BaNa wrote:++1
You can't increment an integer literal...
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Peet wrote:
BaNa wrote:++1
You can't increment an integer literal...
gee today seems like one of Those days...
Linebacker

Post by Linebacker »

Hey. Are the questions too hard or too simple to be answered? What are you guys talking about?

@AF: the 'spy mod' is BA, it is attached to the question in brackets.

Return to “Help & Bugs”