Hamachi in Spring

Hamachi in Spring

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Isaactoo

Hamachi in Spring

Post by Isaactoo »

I can't figure out how to force Spring to give the Hamachi IP addresses of the players, Spring seems to just grab the real IP address and send it to all other players.
I've tried using the lobby server (LAN) available on the download page and hosting; and having everyone join with my Hamachi IP address, and they get into the server's lobby just fine with it, but when we actually start the game it just gets our real IP addresses.

The main reason I want to use Hamachi in Spring is to be able to have multiple people inside and outside my local network play in the same game as expressed in this thread... http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtop ... ht=hamachi

I also want to do it because a friend and I have dynamic IP addresses which change from time to time, when they change his firewall won't let us re-connect (because his computer cannot "ask" for my IP because it doesn't know it), this would not be a problem in Hamachi because Hamachi gives all users a static IP, and even when the users real IP changes, the computer just re-establishes a connection with Hamachi and all is well.

sorry about the post being so long,
Isaac
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

A minor addition to tasclient (choose a network adapter to send the local IP of) would fix this.
Isaactoo

Post by Isaactoo »

Yeah;
Should I post in the development forum then?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Worth trying, maybe also create a mantis feature request ticket.

Return to “Help & Bugs”