Suprime Commander

Suprime Commander

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Zoombie

Suprime Commander

Post by Zoombie »

I've bought it and, to everyone who says otherwise, I say BAH! Humbug! It's fun. Yeah it runs like crap. Yeah it takes hours to finish the really long missions. And yeah, the voice acting is cheesy. But I still find it really really really really fun to play. I have just beaten the Aeon campaign, so now I'm going to tackle the UEF campaign. But I have a funny story about the last mission in the Aeon campaign....

I had defeated the UEF and the Cybrans and all that was left was the Eeeeevil Aeon and they had this huge battle fleet that I was completely unprepared for. So they were sitting off sore to my base and blowing up all my dudes. They had blow up three of my four Ultra uber long range massive huge guns of Death (or UULRMHGOD, which sounds a bit like what people say when they are fired at by them) and the last one fired a single shot before the enemy destroyed them too. I watched the shell fly the sky.

it flew

and flew

and flew

and flew

and slammed into the head of the enemy commander. He exploded and I won the mission!

WOOOOO!
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

:')
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Aeon super gun? Do you mean the T3 arty building or some campaign specific thing? IIRC the Aeon don't have a super artillery experimental.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

The teir three gun. The "Envoy" one. It was so long range that when I zoomed out, I thought its range was only slightly longer than a level 2 arty. Then I realized that that circle was the MINIMUM range and the maximum range was farther than the edge of the MASSIVE map.

I said, "Whoa."

But they make up for the lack of super gun with their floating zappy UFO thing. WHOOO BZAP! Kablamo!

I love this game :D
Relative

Post by Relative »

I might of loved this game if I wasn't playing it at 1 FPS :P

Also, units have some major balancing problems that make even first one or two missions last hours unnecessarily. :( Haven't tried online yet, but it's likely my PC would lag games to death.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Oh, I know that thing. My "LRPC" was what killed the enemy commander and thus gave me a win in my first online game. I was kinda annoyed, the match was over a few seconds before my nuke hit his base...
Bhaal

Post by Bhaal »

relative try to run it with /nosound maybe it will give you decent fps :)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

wierd, I had one single t3 cannon, and I ready my collosus and czar fortress outside the blacksun control centre to go on the rampage and order my navy in, then bang, the campaign finishes and the enemy commander goes boom.

Otherwise I like supcom, and there are many innovations in supcom I find would work great in spring but people say "oh noes it was in supcom we cant have it or god will strike us down" or because its in supcom they totally ingore it and dont give it a chance.

I wish spring had supcoms waypoint system.
Day

Post by Day »

so you can't spam t1 anymore and beat everything?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I beat one of the aeon levels by just spamming lvl 1 hover tanks, and had a continuous stream of tanks headed tot he enemy numbering between 150-250 at any one time.
OOmiz

Post by OOmiz »

AF wrote: I wish spring had supcoms waypoint system.
I'll drink to that. The waypoint system is one of the best things with supcom. Coordinated attack ftw.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Can anyone explain SupCom's waypoint system to me? I've played the game a bit but I'm not sure what's different to Spring here.

You can kind of do co-ordinated attacks in Spring with the Wait command.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

There are even special wait for event commands (e.g. "move here, wait until 25 units have done the same, attack there") but I think you have to bind them to keys first.
ern3v

supcom

Post by ern3v »

supcom is pretty good game but not as good as spring aa mod :D
Day

Post by Day »

AA.. so you like WEZELSPAEM huh ;)
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

The only thing I want for SupCom is...a new computer :D

Oh and a nuke that dosn't take five minut to get wheres it's going. You have to aim well infront of any army your attacking, even really slow ones. But if you can pull it off, it's exceedingly amusing.
HugoSimpson

Re: Suprime Commander

Post by HugoSimpson »

Zoombie wrote:the last one fired a single shot before the enemy destroyed them too. I watched the shell fly the sky.

it flew

and flew

and flew

and flew

and slammed into the head of the enemy commander. He exploded and I won the mission!

WOOOOO!
Sounds as random as a match on Duck :P

BTW. what is your computer mine is:

AMD Opteron Dual-Core 170 @ stock w/ stock cooler
Abit KN8U
SB250+80GB ata100
Audigy 2 ZS w/ inspire 5200
Inno3D 7900GT @ stock w/ Zalman vf900Cu
Corsair Value Select 1GB (2x512MB kit) DDR400 CL3
Spire RocketeeR IV 600W ATX
MX530
Viewsonic VX2025WM
Antec SLK3000B w/ 2x12CM+8CM fans
2x optical dvd burners
XP PRO SP2 5600
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

I feel like torrenting it, i just want that SP.
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

supreme commander is an excelent game

theres so much to take into account and i regulaly forget to build naval or air and get sea pwnt or air pwnt or ground pwn or all 3 at the same time

Runs fine on my pc except for the firsy cybran mission which has over 8000 corpses already on the map (ghey)
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I know, the first Cybran mission really worried me, cause I thought the rest of the campaing would run as bad as that...then the second one ran really well and I was like WTF?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”