So i guess the unbunto live cd payed off...

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

My computer is not working very well. I belive it\s something with the motherboard, and it would\t be the first time it would be causing trouble... i still cant use a PS2 mouse.

So now im stuck with unbunto live cd which crashes whenever i try to load flash things |so no online MSN then >.>| and is generally a pain in the ass to use.

So i dont have much to do so... either help with my computer problems, or gimme something fun to look at.

oh, and my computer problem is that it turns of after two minutes of using it... which shrinked to 1 minute... which then shrinked so much it wouldt turn on.

Now, this is only window |and the XP installer, ive tryed that already FYI |, ubunto keeps crashing stuff which it didnt before. thats about it. Oh, and do you know how i can acess my files? i cant find my hardrive.

Sorry about spelling ect ect, my keyboard is fucked. all the indicator keys are remapped :(
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

i had that happen for some reason during a recovery :| " = @ sucks for a start. Oh well good luck Kix! sounds like you need the god of computing to smile on you...(or pester your parents for monies for a new PC :D)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

/mnt/hda1
manored

Post by manored »

I already had a problem with computers shutting down winhout reason. The reason is that one of the computer liquids (I just know it was a liquid dont ask me where it came from) was leaking.
ZellSF

Re: So i guess the unbunto live cd payed off...

Post by ZellSF »

Kixxe wrote:My computer is not working very well. I belive it\s something with the motherboard, and it would\t be the first time it would be causing trouble... i still cant use a PS2 mouse.

So now im stuck with unbunto live cd which crashes whenever i try to load flash things |so no online MSN then >.>| and is generally a pain in the ass to use.
No, it's a pain in the ass because you do not know how to use it.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Min3mat wrote:i had that happen for some reason during a recovery :| " = @ sucks for a start. Oh well good luck Kix! sounds like you need the god of computing to smile on you...(or pester your parents for monies for a new PC :D)
Offering up some RAM's blood and burning a floppy usually appeases the Daemons of computer problems.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

manored wrote:I already had a problem with computers shutting down winhout reason. The reason is that one of the computer liquids (I just know it was a liquid dont ask me where it came from) was leaking.
No part of a normal PC contains liquid... The only possibility I can think of is either your an idiot and you have liquid cooling that you don't know about, or it's some sort of byproduct of plastic melting. The first scenario is quite funny if that's the case, the second scenario is less funny, and more that you're WTFSKREUD.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Could be leaking capacitors.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

mmm, possibly... Actually there is a small battery too, but I'm not sure if it's acid based, or if the internals are solid. I can say with authority I've never seen a capacitor from inside a PC leak before.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

They also make fun magic smoke when you put way too much voltage through them :twisted:
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Kixxe wrote:My computer is not working very well. blá, blá, blá, shuts down, blá...
You got major hardware issues!

When ubuntu runs the start up menu, you have the option to run a memory test. Try it and let it run for, at least, one full cycle. Pray that it is only the RAM that is broken, since it is the cheapest thing that can be broken that is likely to cause such kind of sinptoms.

And running ubuntu from the live CD sucks... Eveything is so slow... Constantly going to load stuff from the CD, bah.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Hello again, and thanks for the tips. Gotten to the point im having trouble running unbunto on it... im using my sisters computer right now.

A friend is coming over with some stuff next week, maybe can help...
ZellSF wrote:
Kixxe wrote: No, it's a pain in the ass because you do not know how to use it.
No, the buggyness of the computer makes every single godamn program crash after a while.
You got major hardware issues!

When ubuntu runs the start up menu, you have the option to run a memory test. Try it and let it run for, at least, one full cycle. Pray that it is only the RAM that is broken, since it is the cheapest thing that can be broken that is likely to cause such kind of sinptoms.
Only the ram you say? Phew... that would be a relief. I got 2 sticks of ram, so maybe one of em would work...

heh, wish me luck :P
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Get a new goddamn computer

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”