[SPOILERS]AMAGAWD SUPCOM BETA! - Page 12

[SPOILERS]AMAGAWD SUPCOM BETA!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Lippy

Post by Lippy »

BTW, if anyone gets hold of a EDIT: *mod* for the 3.0 version give us a shout!
Last edited by Lippy on 03 Nov 2006, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

but not here, as it breaks felony 8
0 x

Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Remember to PM so ya don't get caught :wink:
0 x

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Please don't ask for people to PM you illegal material here either, it's just as bad. If you want to set up the whole thing in private that's different, but we really don't want to support any type of illegal activities at all on these boards.
0 x

Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

Actually, by all accounts GPG don't care if you pirate the Beta. They're even encourageing feedback form said pirates on their forums.
0 x

Ishach

Post by Ishach »

They consider the crack a mod, they just arent gonna help you if you have trouble with it.

#supremecom-beta on efnet is where the cracks are posted first afaik
0 x

Muzic

Post by Muzic »

You cant play online with cracks :(
0 x

Lippy

Post by Lippy »

Yes actually, i phrased it wrong in the first place. This mod is in fact just a lua file and not illegal, and gpg don't mind if you use it:
http://garage.gaspowered.com/?q=node/6959

So... if someone does find this mod post it up here eh?
0 x

Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

The mod is actually on that exact page you linked to >.>
0 x

Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Anyone want to play 'LAN' with Hamachi servers?
0 x

FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

that 'mod' requires an ID on FileFactory....
I'll buy Supreme Commander when it comes out in a shiny box, thank you very much, but I'd like to be able to give it a trial run before then as well too...
0 x

Muzic

Post by Muzic »

2.7 mod direct dl.

No..... -Moderator
0 x

Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

And so, I actaully WON my first game of SupCom!

Yes I've had it for about a week and I have yet to actually...win. Stupid Easy A.I and their massed number of Monkey Lords. They are pushover easy untill they spam those damn things...

But I won through a combination of rethinking my tactics and other neat things and such. I build three factories, linked them together with loads of power generators, built lots of storage, and had a huge amounts of engineers scurrying back and forth. I quickly assembled my huge army and procided on a VERY fun com stomp. The only thing that suprised me was when the enemy destroyers were sitting off shore, unable to assist in the defence of their base.

Untill they grew legs and walked onto land.

That was a shock.
0 x

Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I get 5-2 FPS... :cry:
0 x

rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Ha! HA! HA!

Is there no way to cheat, Zoombie? 8)
0 x

Muzic

Post by Muzic »

I gave up in an hour long game. I faught 3 balanced AI, 1 of which was not on a team the others were teamed and i teamed with a balance AI. At around 30 minutes i made my first attack made of 20 amphib tanks (UEF), 3 t1 frigates, 3 subs, 3 destroyers and 3 crusiers. It was a sucess bring all of their coast down and their naval factories. The rest of the time i went ahead a teched, then i made 2 battleships (t3), I com-hunted with both on 2 seperate AI's. It worked, then I had made 4 other battleships, and eventually a nuke launcher and a quantem gate for ALOT of those base coms. I used the base coms to repair beated down battleships and sent them on suicide bombings to other peoples bases. After about 10 base coms, 1 AI fully dieing to my battleships, and like 5 nukes. The 2 other AI were still alive though heavily damaged made 2 Sacred assault bots and i just gave up cause I was tired...

PLAY HAMACHI DAMNIT.

Edit: I find it extremly sad how a BAttleship can take a beating from 2 subs t1, Battleships need more deapth chargers, honestly subs just own the waters destroyers need some light depth chargers aswell.
0 x

Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Ok, ive made a hamachi network for supcom
Name: supcom-spring
pass: doodles
0 x

Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Muzic wrote: I find it extremly sad how a BAttleship can take a beating from 2 subs t1, Battleships need more deapth chargers, honestly subs just own the waters destroyers need some light depth chargers aswell.
Thats the point! Battleships are supposed to be owned by subs! You need to build a balenced navy, damn it!
0 x

Peekaboom

Post by Peekaboom »

I've played a few modded games of SupComm so far, and I have to say I'm terribly unimpressed. The corollary of that is that is that it made me realize how great a game TA Spring is.

Let me comment on a few things.

The GUI in SC is "awful" and does nothing to help show off the otherwise "better graphics" of their engine. I much prefer the simplicity and transparancy of Spring's GUI. Selecting/Controlling units in SC is very confusing and its difficult to tell what the hell is going on half the time.

I've had some harrowing games verus the AI, but they were really boring. The units are very unresponsive feeling and any sort of micro is difficult to do at best, and may not give you an advantag. That may be what they were going for, but it leads to a real sense of "detachment" from the battle.

Units/Stuctures/everything either does way too much damage or way too little. Units seem to vaporize instantly, and feeling that you can pressure an attack is totally absent. If you're going to take looses, you invaribly loose the fight big time, there is very little give and take in the gameplay.

Eh, that's it for now. Unless something amazing happens SC isn't worth it. Spring and the Lobby Client are by far better convieced products, and clearly reflects the compassion and vision of the developmers rather than the whims of the marketing machine.
0 x

Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Zoombie wrote:
Muzic wrote: I find it extremly sad how a BAttleship can take a beating from 2 subs t1, Battleships need more deapth chargers, honestly subs just own the waters destroyers need some light depth chargers aswell.
Thats the point! Battleships are supposed to be owned by subs! You need to build a balenced navy, damn it!
Oh come on it should ATLEAST have LIGHT defences against them. Basically all you need for an uber navy is like some crusiers, alot alot of subs and a battleship o.O;.

The GUI i dont mind. I hate how you can move those icons when you press shift. Its absolutely unnessecary. Espeically in a crowded base when trying to select con bots, all you get are those damned icons!! Also what really really pisses me off, my fatboy was being retarded the other day just spinning

EdiT: Gah you need a way to tell how many con bots youre controlling, also a hot key so you can select lets say your t2 bots from your con bots you currently control and use their build order. IT would save time from slecting the t2, build. Telling t1 to 'help'

Also i'd like 2 or more formations or tactics. Yes tactics. Currently theres the box, which isnt all that effective. 10 marines in box, against 10 marins just going out and spreading wins. 1 formation should be like like an arrow head. Second should be flank so their split up in 2 sections in reverse arrow head. A 'tactic' should be that when you engage an enemy while moving you split up, surround and sort of incircle them.
0 x

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”