[SPOILERS]AMAGAWD SUPCOM BETA! - Page 5

[SPOILERS]AMAGAWD SUPCOM BETA!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Ehh, I had a very hard time "figuring" the beta out. It needs a lot of work still.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Personally I found it rather... meh.

It will probably be redesigned but the GUI is made of complete 100% fail. Yuk.

Did anyone notice... THe maps in supcom really aren't that big. It's the fact that the units are so small. For example, the scout guy next to a tree. It's comperable to a tree next to a somewhat oversize car.
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

Yes, we can already do this in spring with 1x1 sized units. Epic E&E already did it and it worked.
cyclerboy

Post by cyclerboy »

i have a key from fileplanet but i just dont have the file. its really annoying
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

After I got used to the GUI I found it to be really really useful, actually. The overlays and the patroll routs are very useful and easy to use...well...semi-easy to use. Its ugly as all hell and takes up a LOAD of space, but...meh. I'm used to ugly as hell GUI's, so that really didn't faze me for all to long.

Once the game is polished up and finished, I expect it will be better. I did find the sheer scale to be quite enjoyable, the play of the game fun and the entire jigg of the feel quite good.

Its just at larger (that is all) battles, my FPS goes down faster then most of the units in the game. So its nearly unplayable, really, but still funish.

Oh and at first I hated the explosions. Then I turned the base WAAAAAAAAAAAAY up. Then it worked just fine. I love base. I love nukes too. Did I mention the nukes?
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

hay guyz whatzz up????
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

You lost once, bad really bad. 8)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

There's a guy lower on the list who has 11 wins and 1 loss...
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Lower score though. Guess it's a chess-like ranking system.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

I beat top5 players, he beat any old people.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

I find Spring players complaining about GUI somewhat funny. I also find people that compare two unfinished products as if they were finished very funny.
wizard8873

Post by wizard8873 »

the GUI is annoying at first but once you play two or three game, its fine. the game honestly needs a lot of work before being released but thats why its still beta. funny how everyone is complaining about supcom GUI when the Spring GUI was being complained about not that long ago.

being able to adjust paths and all is great but it gets in the way too. i tried selecting some units and there was a patrol path in the way. well, i ended up changing the path. it get frustrating at times. although, i finally like the fact that a battleship is bigger than a tank and not the other wya around or they're the same size.
duncs

Post by duncs »

well I'll be playing it tonight. I installed the beta (took ages) then came home and installed the patch (took over 40 mins so I went to sleep T_T ) so I've had it for about 3 days and between sleep and sleeping over with my girlfriend, I haven't touched it yet.

then it's pub with co-workers later tonight. I may be able to get a game in later... I first have to install the ****.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

So when did this happen? I better have a key waiting for me! Anyone who cant use their key wanna lend me one? :mrgreen:

~~~

No key. :shock:
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Felix the Cat wrote:TBH I might donate $50 to Doctors Without Borders and pirate SupCom, just to make a statement.
What the hell kinda statement is that?
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Caydr wrote:So when did this happen? I better have a key waiting for me! Anyone who cant use their key wanna lend me one? :mrgreen:

~~~

No key. :shock:
Modhammer and Warning. No posting suggestions for illigal acts, plzthnx.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

wizard8873 wrote:the GUI is annoying at first but once you play two or three game, its fine. the game honestly needs a lot of work before being released but thats why its still beta. funny how everyone is complaining about supcom GUI when the Spring GUI was being complained about not that long ago.
Perhaps because this is the *gasp* SupCom Beta discussion thread! What a concept! We discuss the SupCom Beta in the SupCom Beta discussion thread!

...personally I like the Spring GUI, btw.
duncs

Post by duncs »

Forboding Angel wrote:Personally I found it rather... meh.

It will probably be redesigned but the GUI is made of complete 100% fail. Yuk.

Did anyone notice... THe maps in supcom really aren't that big. It's the fact that the units are so small. For example, the scout guy next to a tree. It's comperable to a tree next to a somewhat oversize car.
Agreed. I only played one 'full' game (in which I gave up, I was being powned) but man... it is like FA said: the units are TINY. the playing area real-estate size is tiny, too. if you zoom out enough to be able to see what's going on, it's too far out to see what units you're trying to control.

2 of my 3 games went as following:
1: issue orders
2: zoom out
3: crash

I don't like the zoom out 'feature'. for one, it's the opposite mousewheel action to spring, and for another it seems to kill my PC (can't even page out or kill the process).

I promise: Spring is a lot more fun at the moment. the GFX in supcom is better but the gameplay, interface and ... everything, sucks.

woohoo! ctrl b selecting and centering on an IDLE builder, for the win!

I honestly don't think that the maps are much bigger than in TA spring. the units ARE just smaller. (opinion may vary after a couple more games, if I can be bothered)

the maps also look pretty bad.

looks more like an alpha.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

Comp1337 wrote:BLmod says O RLY also.
O RLY?
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

orly yes. Comp, warning.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”