Your favourite Animee

Your favourite Animee

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Your favourite Animee

Post by PicassoCT »

Mine

Crest & Banner & Battleflag of the Stars
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Yu Yu Hakusho.. Or Hellsing..
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Uh favourite... Robotech, NGE, FMA, Steamboy and a dozen other I can't remember. Not really a favourite one among them, they're all cool.
Aun

Post by Aun »

Probably FLCL - "furi furi furi kuri furi furi furi furi kuri..."
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Berserk, almost anything by Miyazaki...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Elfin Lied, for some reason, and Hellsing. But the manga of Hellsing is better, because in the show they cut out the Nazi's...and the Nazi's were half the point, Alucard being the...other two thirds. Yes...there is a 120% of a point to Hellsing.
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

If anyone says Inuyasha, I will hunt you down. I HATE that show. It's Fricken DBZ for girls!

Anyway, I don't watch much, but I enjoyed Hellsing and FLCL.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Inuyasha was ohhh kaaayyy, way too many fillers after a while..
mr sharpoblunto

Post by mr sharpoblunto »

Cowboy bebop, Ghost in the shell (the movies, not so much the series), Akira, and serial experiments lain.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Damn it, I forgot Cowboy Bebop and Exo-Squad, which might not count, as its from America...but its got friggen...WWII parallels in space, and big robot suits that don't look like retarded samurai suits (I'm looking at you, Gundum)
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

retarded samurai suits.. o.0
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Its a personal opinion, so if you disagree...then we can have a heated argument about it!

And the strangest thing is I really like Gundum Anhillation, and think it looks cool... I just don't like the anime very much and thinks it looks uncool.

I guess I'm just crazy.
pintle

Post by pintle »

mr sharpoblunto wrote:Cowboy bebop, Ghost in the shell (the movies, not so much the series),
.........pretty much those flims.
and sky blue.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

i <3 inuyasha lolz
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Just finished watching GunGrave so that is it at the moment.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Never watched Gungrave but I played Gungrave Overdose and that rocks. Though I think Earth Defence Force 2 is better for mass carnage. G:O let's you destroy all the interior in a building, EDF2 lets you wreck the entire city!

Favourite anime... Mahoromatic. I've always had a soft spot for combat androids and cute girls in maid outfits... And the Jesus metaphor is pretty well done IMO, at least they didn't beat you over the head with it like 99% of all japanese shows do (cross-looking explosions, Gnosis-summoning devices named after the apostles, ...). Could have translated into an awesome videogame that explores her time before she left the battlefield but no, all that came out of it is a minigame collection about the chores a maid does. There's a doujin fighting game using the characters but it doesn't play very well, certainly no Melty Blood or Eternal Fighter Zero.

Galaxy Angel and Keroro Gunsou take high spots on hilarity (funniest I've seen is Kyou no Go no Ni but noone's bothering to sub that. One word: "collarbone"). Muteki Kanban Musume and Pani Poni Dash are a bit behind that. Disgaea is worth watching but I think playing the game is just as effective.

Been watching Bleach but I think it go a bit weak after the original arc. Makes for an awesome videogame, though (Bleach DS).

Mai Hime was good though the last episode ruined it.

And while we're at it, I've never seen Tsukihime but I'd recommend Melty Blood ('nother videogame, see a pattern here?) to everyone. Kohaku rules.
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

PlanetES

The animation's great, the story's brilliant and the future it paints is one of the most realistic I've ever seen (on TV, film or anime).
I'm studying physics at the moment, and aside from the gaint flying mobile (the lunar shuttle) I can't think of a single gross violation of phyics or commen sense design throughout the show.
Add to that some really engaging charecters, and a storyline that presents a real question to the viewer and you've got the single best anime I've ever watched.

For runners up I'd have to say Hellsing and cowboy Bebop, the Myashi(sp?) Films (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke) and probably Ghost in the Shell (the film).
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

Samurai X, GITS, Appleseed both versions), Akira, Patlabor, Robotech, aaaand..... Doraemon (when I was a kid). :lol:
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I played some SNES or GBA game called Doraemon some time ago... 8)

Coo, all the other I like were already mentioned (Cowboy Bebop, Mononoke etc.).

Trinity Blood is also pretty decent.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Before i forget about it Record of Lodoss War -

and Jin Roh...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”