You support Bush? - Page 8

You support Bush?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

You support Bush?

Nowai.
83%
Yawai!
17%

Total votes: 64

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

KDR_11k wrote:What makes our engines more efficient is the diesel fuel we use.

Forboding: What, you support the Patriot Act, unlimited wiretapping with no judical oversight and completely wrecking the national budget?
Learn to take a joke ;p

Yes I support the partiot act. Understand that the only wiretapping done was on international phone calls coming from known terrorist numbers or to known terrorist numbers. There is not, and has never been any DOMESTIC wiretapping due to the Patriot Act.

Yes, republicans have been bigtime overspending, and that is not something I as a conservative agree with. However I will happily take "Not as good" over "Evil (read: Stupid, incompetant, moronic)" any day of the week. THe entire spending like drunken sailors needs to stop, but if democrats and liberals get ahold of it they will continue to spend like drunken sailors and tax the hell out of us to pay for it as opposed to cutting spending as a whole.

I find it funny that you dismiss the articles I posted (one of which coming from fox news who IS a huge Media outlet), yet you do not dismiss any of the left wing agenda that they print. How oddly amusing.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Hehe, unfortunatly, fox isnt the most reliable newscast in the world... :lol:
Lindir The Green

Post by Lindir The Green »

Of course it is! It's in their name!

Fox News: Fair and Balanced.

:P
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

fox news is the best comedy station ever :lol:
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Fox News is as reliable as most tabloids.

I think historically the democrats have worked the federal budget much better than the republicans, no idea if that comes from more taxation or lower spending but I'd guess both since that'd be an awful lot of taxation that gets introduced/repealed every legislation period if spending went up/down with the taxes. I'm trying to find a link right now but I keep stumbling over stories like "US on track to pay off debts by the end of the decade" written around 2000. Ah, here it is. Note that without fail the change % number always goes up in the first term of a Republican after a Democrat and down in the first term of a Democrat after a Rep.

Interestingly, the job market changes also seem to always go up when the administration changes from R->D and down when it changes D->R. Of course there's bigger changes during some presidents' reign so I don't think this is really significant but it's still interesting to see that change at every transition :p.
pintle

Post by pintle »

can't believe im posting here again...

RE: fuel efficiency. Europe has LOADS of laws and governmential controls forcing fuel efficiency in vehicles. The uk has emmisions indexed taxation of vehicles, with a special bracket for vehicles that are extrememly efficient.

RE: FOX. Go read about how murdoch got US citizenship. Read about the monsanto milk cover up. Read about NewsCorps history. To percieve fox as a single media entity pursuing its own agenda is farcically reductionalist, and makes the notion of media analysis comical, have you even heard of the big five? (or murderdochs planned big 3 in ten years :() Context and positioning is incredibly important in media, both production and analysis, it is also something which NewsCorp is highly competent at manipulating. Fox News is, to quote my Semiotics and media discorse lecturer (when i cornered her after a lecture in an informal "off the record" conversation) "a model for a propagandic media outlet in the 21st century".

Support Dubya if you want, it is your "right" and i will respect that, however much i disagree. Do not, however, try and portray Fox news as a respectable media portal. It is a (relatively) crude facet of a larger entity, and when analysed with the simplest media discourse techniques, immediately perceivable as consisntently exhibiting a social agenda, selecetively representing politics (both domestic and global) within the mandate that agenda proposes, and being anything but "fair and balanced".

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”