Supreme COmmander BEta

Supreme COmmander BEta

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Drone_Fragger

Supreme COmmander BEta

Post by Drone_Fragger »

I hope you all signed up. It starts tomorrow :D

And I hope I get picked. \o/
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

Can someone paste the EULA and TOS agreement you have to agree to?
I would like to read it.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

If you get selected you have to agree to them. And give personall details, like adress, Phone number, DOB, Age, and I guess other stuff too.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

I don't get why it dosent' work. I registerd my GP account a long time ago, but now i can't log in, and it dosen't send any recovery email when i tell it to...

:(

Oh well, i sent an email anyway with my ID, since it was "taken", it must still exsist.

Hopefully i don't need an account to activate the beta.

And hopefully my comp dosen't explode when playing it. But ya never know. :P
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

You do. You needed to of registered for the beta by the 6yh of october, and even then, Its a random selevcted from that.
And it uses THQs Steam-like system to do beta testing. Its not an open beta y'see.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

We should be mean - make a Renamed "very Exclusive" Spring Version named "Supreme(ommander" - a Picture of Monkey Lordz and a Link for the Registration.... Nobodys said we are not allowed to hijack Hypes... :wink:
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Great idea!
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Indeed...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Hm, wait, it's published by THQ? Guess I'll pass on SupCom, then.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

But... but... they made the entire Smackdown series. :P
Or published them, what ever.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Ya but they also published Company of Heroes. That refuses to run because someone decided it only needs to work on XP and therefore I won't buy any more THQ games.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

but...COH is like...the greatest game out there!

Its so great it makes WWII feel fresh and new!
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

KDR_11k wrote:Ya but they also published Company of Heroes. That refuses to run because someone decided it only needs to work on XP and therefore I won't buy any more THQ games.
You mean, You aren't on XP? What the hell are you on the internets for then? ME and 98 support barely anything and are virus prone, NT and 2000 are really only for servers.

Just pirate XP already. Its not as though thousands of peopel do it every day.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Zoombie wrote:but...COH is like...the greatest game out there!

Its so great it makes WWII feel fresh and new!
and has Limb-tearing-off-action-with-ragdoll-physics-when-hit-by-shells. Hooray!
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

KDR_11k wrote:Ya but they also published Company of Heroes. That refuses to run because someone decided it only needs to work on XP and therefore I won't buy any more THQ games.
Win2k application compatibility emulation should really have WinXP version emulation in it. I think AoE3 was somewhat anal about enforcing WinXP as well but there was a workaround by running the install shield setup in network install mode.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

THQ is an OK company IMO. I haven't had a lot of experience with them, but at the least I haven't read any 50-page-long rants like I have about Atari/Infogrames/EA with nobody defending them.

I made a huge stink over Enter The Matrix at the Infogrames/Atari forum back in the day. What a horrible game. Got 6 different accounts, all of them wound up banned, but I know I saved at least a few dozen people from buying that waste of money. There was a short-lived club of people saying they were actively pirating it even... what a horrible game. Such was the complaining about it that for weeks there was nothing else posted in the general discussion - since they didn't have the nerve to give it its own forum. There were many threads dedicated to posting pictures of you holding burnt copies of the game CDs.

I met a guy a couple years later on my forum who was an atari beta tester for that game. Banned instantly and signed him up for every kind of spam you can imagine, and many you can't.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Drone_Fragger wrote:ME and 98 support barely anything and are virus prone, NT and 2000 are really only for servers.
I'm running 2k Professional, that's definitely not a server version. Perhaps you're thinking of 2003.
Just pirate XP already. Its not as though thousands of peopel do it every day.
Unless I can shoot that friggin dog (that thing that always pops up when you press search asking you what so search for, BECAUSE I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT LOOKING FOR FILES WHEN PRESSING SEARCH IN THE FILE BROSWER, RIGHT?) I won't even take it for free. Yes, I hate that thing so much. KILL!
I met a guy a couple years later on my forum who was an atari beta tester for that game. Banned instantly and signed him up for every kind of spam you can imagine, and many you can't.
You make it sound like a beta tester can prevent a trainwreck like that.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Games only do need to work on XP... Windows is the only gaming platform, and frankly it's dumb to expect that they would retain backwards compatability to old OSes forever.

[edit] oh, that's kind of frustrating. But really, you kind of get what you pay for when you run a business oriented OS release.

[edit2] Caydr man: that's majorly low. Good beta testers are far and few between and MASSIVELY under appreciated in the industry. Even if he was good most likely if he could have helped them fix the game they would have ignored him anyways.
Cherubim

Post by Cherubim »

KDR_11k wrote: Unless I can shoot that friggin dog (that thing that always pops up when you press search asking you what so search for, BECAUSE I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT LOOKING FOR FILES WHEN PRESSING SEARCH IN THE FILE BROSWER, RIGHT?) I won't even take it for free. Yes, I hate that thing so much. KILL!
Actually thats quite easy to switch that dog of and enforce W2K search style.
Its the first thing i do when reinstalling.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState]
"Use Search Asst"="no"
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

SwiftSpear wrote:Games only do need to work on XP... Windows is the only gaming platform, and frankly it's dumb to expect that they would retain backwards compatability to old OSes forever.

[edit] oh, that's kind of frustrating. But really, you kind of get what you pay for when you run a business oriented OS release.
That doesn't make XP less retarded or a better OS. I can't really imagine one advantage XP prof has got over 2k prof, save built in pppoe drivers and half a dozen other minor (useless) features. And said games run on 2k as fine as they run on XP.
WinXP is more or less Win2k for dummies, with all it's colors, textbook menus and what ever IMO (yes I know you can deactivate them but that's not the point). It's like 98SE and ME... :P

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”